Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I couldn't on mine. I can now even turn it on while in drive provided I am going below the speed that turns off the camera. Very handy when parking as before I had to stop, put the car in reverse to get the cameras on and then pull forward. Now I can just slow down to a crawl and turn on the camera to see the 360 view and front or rear camera.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
I applied the update successfully today. At first the car wouldn't recognize the update on the USB stick, then I changed two things, one or the other of which might have been the secret:

1. Instead of not inserting the USB stick until going into "Settings --> Software Update..." as noted in the Electrek article, I inserted the USB stick first and then turned on just the infotainment system (using the button in the volume control knob).

2. I reformatted the USB stick from exFAT to FAT.

The update ran with the progress bar for about 12-13 minutes, then the radio screen went blank and nothing appeared to happen for quite some time. So then I turned the car on and I couldn't get Android Auto to work - the screen said "Can't connect to Android Auto - check your phone when safe".

I futzed about for a few minutes before deciding that hey - maybe I should actually check my phone. So I pulled the phone out of the charging slot so I could see the screen and reconnected it and Android Auto had reverted back to some of it's initial setup prompts that required acknowledgement. After going through those I reconnected and now everything works fine.

Thanks to the folks who've reported here what worked for them!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Key is turning on the Bolt before starting the 12+ min USB update process, with the Bolt powered off- you only get 10min of radio power which isn't enough to complete the update.

On first connect after the update- you have to "agree/accept" all the Android Auto terms & Conditions again on your phone like it's the first time you've connected it to your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sure none of you have done this, but if you attached your Bolt to a wifi access point (OK I'm also a Tesla guy, so this was a normal thing to do to prep for OTA updates), then you need to *disable Wifi* before doing this. Otherwise are least on the factory 13.x software I had it says no OTA available and never gets to the USB key.

FYI. Otherwise worked great on this March 2017 ship date Bolt :)

·
Registered
Chevy Bolt, 2017
36 Posts
RE: Software Motor Update Report at Chevy Dealer, produces a report, referencing codes. What do the codes mean? I was able to access the website to find out:-Click here: TIS
For the Software Report for A11, when I selected "Complete History" it produced this report, (example attached)--which you can print (using Command P for MAC) Be sure your VIN code that you enter does not include any spaces when you copy/paste or it won't work!

Attachments

61 - 66 of 66 Posts