Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
1 - 1 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2017 Bolt EV Premier
2,002 Posts
I get it... driving Uber/Lyft will put some real miles on any car. I started doing Door Dash a little while ago, and it's easy to put on 100 miles in a 3 or 4 hour shift. And that's just moving food from restaurant to customer. People, on the other hand, want to move from town to town... go to the airport... etc. People might think there is time to stop and charge, but (ideally, at least) the calls come in one after the other. If I drove an ICE car, I would still have to pause my DD shift just to go to the gas station. Fortunately, my shifts never exceed my range, so I don't have to worry about that. Even on a day like today when I do the lunch shift and the dinner shift... my car will charge back to full at home on a 32 amp EVSE long before I have to leave for the dinner shift.

The TLDR is that if you have a job that requires you to drive beyond the EV/EUV range and you don't have a break to charge... then you may need to look for another vehicle. I must say that I'd be a lot more hesitant to do any gig driving if I had an ICE... maybe a Prius or similar hybrid, but that would still cost at least twice as much as a Bolt to drive.

Reactions: OneEV
1 - 1 of 25 Posts