Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
1 - 2 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2023 EUV Premier Bright Blue
2,892 Posts
Your Uber application in worst case winter, yeah, we get it the Bolt was not a good fit. Having said that, I've had some Japanese cars which wouldn't put out enough heat to keep the windshield defrosted in worst case winter. YMMV.

jack vines
The 2015 Altima has a 2.5 4 cyl. standard. Unless the heating system is really terrible, heat output should be fine. I'm in Minnesota too, and I've had older Civics with the 1.6 and they were fine, as was my 2006 Mazda 3 with a 2.0.

My 2011 Cruze Eco with a 1.4, really needs to get warmed up before I turn on the heater fan. If I do it too soon on a cold winter day, the temperature gauge heads back down. 🥶

I'm guessing my neighbor to the north @OneEV , will be just fine with the Altima.

Reactions: OneEV

· Registered
2023 EUV Premier Bright Blue
2,892 Posts
I have to admit I like the cvt so far. Sport mode "ds" nice pickup for passing .

It is a nice looking sedan, the people that owned before had complete records of oils chnaages etc.. and it was always garaged as you can tell..and leather interior

View attachment 54074

But I'll be more than ready next spring..possibly this fall to get back in a EV when a good deal appears that has everything I need , heat pump, fast charging and battery preheat on way to charger
I rented the same gen Altima several years ago for a few days, and really liked it. That big 2.5l 4, felt more like a 6. No need for the optional 3.5l 6.
It's actually a pretty substantial car, and the sweet spot between a Sentra and a Maxima, IMHO. I bet it makes a nice Uber vehicle.

Reactions: OneEV
1 - 2 of 25 Posts