Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Premier, Arctic Blue - Oct 2020
110 Posts
20% of the parts and the final assembly is done at Orion Michigan. Have fun in your bluey!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Isn't the battery madebin USA now?
The 12v battery was made in Germany... Because shipping lead across the Atlantic is cheap?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
guy in the background looks some kinda blue too.
Yep, the guy asked what kind of car it was and it honestly became a car show and lots of interest. Most loved the options for the backing camera!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was having trouble remembering the name of the color...it's Oasis Blue! I wonder how they arrived at that name since I can't imagine any oasis with color like that.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I was having trouble remembering the name of the color...it's Oasis Blue! I wonder how they arrived at that name since I can't imagine any oasis with color like that.
Same source as Cajun Red; likely a stoned advertising copywriter. I've tried to trace any mention of Cajun red, but it's not there.

Baton Rouge (Red Stick in French) was so named in 1619, the Acadians (Cajuns) didn't arrive in LA until the early 1800s.

In the Tabasco legend, it was a Scotsman, Edmund McIlhenny, not a Cajun; a food lover and avid gardener, Edmund McIlhenny was given seeds of Capsicum frutescens peppers that had come from Mexico or Central America. On Avery Island in South Louisiana, he sowed the seeds, nurtured the plants and delighted in the spicy flavor of the peppers they bore. Many years later field hands used a little red stick, or 'le petite bâton rouge,' to measure the ripeness of the peppers.

Sherwin -Williams Paint has a SW 0008 Cajun Red, but it's a dark, muted red.

jack vines

1 - 12 of 12 Posts