Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes that was me! Funny how our interests have paralleled over the years. I have since sold the Ross. Purchased a Bolt in November and am likewise interested in electrifying a recumbent. I had not thought about an electric low racer and that would be the way to go (not much wind resistance and not far to fall if things go south). Thank you very much for sharing the motor simulator site.

It is good to reconnect and I look forward to reading your posts on this message board.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yes that was me! Funny how our interests have paralleled over the years. I have since sold the Ross. Purchased a Bolt in November and am likewise interested in electrifying a recumbent. I had not thought about an electric low racer and that would be the way to go (not much wind resistance and not far to fall if things go south). Thank you very much for sharing the motor simulator site.

It is good to reconnect and I look forward to reading your posts on this message board.
Yes! We rode each other's bikes, along with Bob from the RATS tandem group. Gad! What I wouldn't give to be back in those more hopeful times. The Grin simulator is amazingly accurate. I designed both my electrics using the simulator, and it was spot on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the link. I had heard through Dana Lieberman at Bent-up Cycles that Velokraft was moving into the electric scooter market and was no longer making the VK series or the No-Com bikes.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Thanks for the link. I had heard through Dana Lieberman at Bent-up Cycles that Velokraft was moving into the electric scooter market and was no longer making the VK series or the No-Com bikes.
The Velokraft scooter uses a generator crankset, like the Electrom...

and the Podbike.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So my wife and I have been on self-imposed lockdown for six weeks. Other than going for groceries, the Bolt hasn't moved in that time. I haven't ridden the electric bike since 3/12/20. Too much risk now if I was broken down, or worse wrecked, 65 miles from home. Our electrical use went from 832 kWh for April 2019 to 471 kWh for April 2020. The Bolt has gone 167 miles, and I have ridden my favorite pedal bike up and down our sleepy rural road for 254 miles.

allrounder Tour de CORVID.jpg

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
This guy's China videos have always been fascinating, but even more so now with the pandemic. He started designing, and marketing commuter, and cargo bikes, and is now getting into mopeds.

This intro from Electric Bike Reviews tells his story.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Nine fit cyclists putting out about 150 watts each, collectively charged a Tesla Model X for twenty minutes. After charging losses, they added 0.4 kWh...enough power to drive the Model X about 1.25 miles. You could definitely stuff nine people into a Model X, but riding their bikes they would cover 5-6 miles in that 20 minutes, and have a lot more fun.

Even a non-cyclist can do better than 3.75 mph on a bicycle!

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
This guy is planning an around the world solar bike tour. He is an amazing engineer. Here he is testing his sun tracking solar trailer on a 200 mile ride.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I was just at my favorite electric moto site, and somebody suggested you couldn't lane split in a streamliner motorcycle. lol

41 - 60 of 88 Posts