Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I replaced the OEM Michelin self-sealing tires (which I HATED for no traction and mediocre handling) with regular tires that are neither run-flat nor self-sealing, and after 7k miles on the new tires noticed no difference in air retention. The tires I bought were low rolling resistance, since I treasure my range, and handle WAY better, have better traction, and no difference in range that I can detect (other users claim tire changes cause huge losses). The tires I bought and recommend are Vredestein Quatrac 5's, and they are well reviewed on both Tire Rack and Consumer Reports. Just get a tire plug kit, a can of sealer, and a GOOD portable compressor (look at what Tire Rack sells, and another quaity clue is that the pump connects to the battery, not the lighter socket)
On March 5, 2020, Apollo Vredestein announced that the production of regular car tyres will be halted within two years.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The report is about the Vredestein factory in Netherlands. BUT the Netherlands is not the only factory, and they are now owned by Apollo tire of India: I have Vredestein Quatrac 5's made in Hungary, I think that were purchased a year ago for a 2002 WRX wagon. The European Union has labor rules that require them to announce these things, and the population of the Netherlands is small enough for the factory employee count to matter nationally.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Mine was manufactured in Dec. 2019 and tomorrow I will celebrate 5 months of ownership by adding 2 psi to the RR at 1644 miles.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts