Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I will be traveling from Atlanta to Fort Payne Alabama (Near Chattanooga, TN) to buy a Bolt LT and make a weekend vacation out of it. Hopefully the 125 mile trip back home will be uneventful Sunday.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Make sure the dealership charges the battery fully. Most dealerships have them plugged into standard outlets and it will take a day of charging to get the range you need to drive home. Dealers don't know anything about this car, so it is your responsibility to research the car unfortunately.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Set up a charging account now with whatever are the prevalent chargers in Atlanta (Blink or Chargepoint?) You might want to look up where you are staying (assuming an overnight) and make sure the chargers near there are operational (plugshare and Chargepoint phone apps are good for this). If you think you need to use a high speed charger, you will probably need a separate Evgo account to use most high speed chargers.

If you car is fully charged, you should have no problems. But you should plan ahead for that eventuality while you are at a desk with a computer and can install the apps on your phone.

Enjoy the car. Bolt is my second EV and I will never go back to ICE (if I can avoid it)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made it home without incident. Cold front rolled in last night and was a little worried about range (120miles trip home w/ 190miles range) so we topped off at a Level 3 For 30 minutes. Got home and my father (Electrical Engineer) helped install our Level2 Chargepoint.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Made it home without incident. Cold front rolled in last night and was a little worried about range (120miles trip home w/ 190miles range) so we topped off at a Level 3 For 30 minutes. Got home and my father (Electrical Engineer) helped install our Level2 Chargepoint.
That's it ? :eek: Nothing else to say :crying:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are there no Bolts in the Atlanta area? There are none down here in Savannah. I can't get the Chevy site to show Bolt inventory at all.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Are there no Bolts in the Atlanta area? There are none down here in Savannah. I can't get the Chevy site to show Bolt inventory at all.
Another site https://www.voltstats.net/BoltEV is a page the VOLT statistics people designated for BOLT stats. There is a "Owner Map" showing locations of Bolt users (who chose to "register"). I am on the map as the ONLY Bolt in WV although I know there are TWO of us! (I know I am the only one in Huntington, WV!) This MAY help. You can look at the map without "signing up/on". You only need to sign up to have OnStar keep and show stats, which many do NOT choose to do. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are some in Atlanta. Mostly Premier Trim. My wife & I prefer cloth seats over leather since we do life in Atlanta and in the summer they can be a little uncomfortable. That said, 2 local dealers quoted us at/above MSRP. Another local dealer quoted ~$3k under MSRP but it was black and not gray. So we went to Fort Payne, AL and got $4k under MSRP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts