Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am in the car with my phone only connected via Bluetooth, I cannot find how to answer an incoming call. No icon displays on the infotainment system and there in no answer button on the steering wheel, only a hangup button. The manual doesn't show how (at least I couldn't find it). Anyone know? I am using an Apple iPhone. If the phone is in my pocket and I am driving I can't get it out in time to answer it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hasn't anyone else experienced getting a call when you had the phone on you but not plugged in and the phone was connected via bluetooth?

·
Registered
15 Posts
there's definitely an answer button on the steering wheel. it's above the hang up button on the right side

·
Registered
121 Posts
I assume it's this button, but I don't use the bluetooth connection so I haven't tested it. The Owner's Manual also confirms this, on page 176, under Taking Calls, "To talk on the phone, press <talk symbol> on the steering wheel control or touch <phone symbol> on the display."

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use that to place a call using voice commands but never to answer an incoming call. The manual doesn't talk about it as for incoming calls but just says as you quoted to talk on the phone which I interpreted to mean to place a call. Thanks, I'll try it next time and see if it works.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I found that I could not use my steering wheel buttons unless I had Android Auto running. (Even then I had to uninstall & reinstall because the first time I did not give it enough "permissions".). When I put in the Garmin GPS, it Bluetooth pairs and allows voice activated calling. It notifies me of incoming calls (with Caller ID) which I answer with one touch. I must hang up with one touch, also, since the steering wheel "hang up" button in not functional.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts