Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

spare tire

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  GJETSON 
#1 ·
where is the spare tire located inside the car?

#2 ·
There is no spare tire. The OEM tires have a "goop" on the inside that self seals if punctured. Real world results are mixed...works for some, not for others. Some people purchase a Chevy Cruze (?) spare and put it in the bottom well of the "trunk". Personally, I carry a plug kit and a small 12V compressor, along with some hand tools.
Edit: Lots of cars don't have spares these days. Most have run flats, but the Bolt has the self sealing tire.

#3 ·
While the car doesn't come with a spare tire, there is room for one in the lower portion of the cargo compartment immediately below the "false floor" that comes with the Premiere models. Note that I'm not talking about the roundish "well" at the very bottom, but the space just above that.

I bought an OEM wheel and had an OEM tire mounted on it, and I keep it below the false floor as my spare.

#5 ·
An inexpensive route for this would be to go to an auto wrecker and get a rim for a recent generation Chevy Cruze, Sonic, Trax, or Buick Encore. If you're fine with a donut emergency spare tire, the wrecker would probably have the donut spares for those named cars at a decent price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.