Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my best effort. See the attachment.

Almost all of the Bolt data is from Motor Trend's road test articles for the Bolt Premier. The performance of the LT and the Premier should be identical, since the differences are options unrelated to the performance.

The Tesla Model 3 Standard data is sketchier, since the car hasn't been produced yet, and there are no road tests from an independent source. A lot of the numbers are speculative numbers from Wikipedia that were found in Tesla's publications, but some of the numbers are from a Motor Trend road test comparison of the Bolt Premier and the Tesla Model 3 Long Range. I used the MSRP for a Tesla Model 3 Standard in a color other than black, since most people won't want black (non-black adds $1000 to the cost), and the Bolt is available in a variety of colors at no additional cost.

The cost of the Bolt is debatable. The MSRP seems to change over time, and everyone seems to pay less than the MSRP. But we can be fairly sure that Tesla won't offer discounts - at least not until they clear out their order backlog.

The Model 3 Standard has smaller tires than the Long Range car tested by Motor Trend (18 inch vs. 19 inch diameter), so the Motor Trend skid test acceleration of 0.87 Gs for the Model 3 Long Range may be less for the Model 3 Standard. Or the Model 3 Standard may do better, since it will be lighter. In any case, a decent set of tires on the Bolt would improve most of it's acceleration times, skid pad performance and braking distance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
The Model 3 was already shown to do 0-60 in around 4.6-4.9 seconds.
I think GlenandhisBolt1! is looking for figures for the base Model 3, which will have a lower amp setting in the inverter, because of the smaller pack. Even if the lower weight would offset the lower power, I guarantee the engineers will make sure it is slower than the 75 kWh version. Because...marketing.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'd like to see as well: battery cooling. regeneration head-to-head comparison.

PS: 3 year lease residual value %

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, GJetson. The regenerative braking comparison uses data from the Tesla Model 3 Long Range, but it may be the same as the Tesla Model 3 Standard. It's likely they will use the same motor.

The most important takeaway from the graphs for us Bolt owners is the selection of regen braking available on the Bolt. We can use the paddle to boost regen in both D and L mode.

The acceleration data I listed for the Tesla Model 3 Standard is from Tesla (found in Wikipedia), not the Model 3 Long Range used in the recent independent road tests. I'm not sure where ZrC got his numbers. There are no independent test results yet that I am aware of for the Model 3 Standard: it hasn't been produced yet. The other versions of the Tesla, with larger batteries and dual motors, will certainly be quicker than the Standard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts