Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the fm radio on all my drives, and switch between stations with the steering wheel's favorites toggle

Lately i have noticed the favorites toggle having issues:
When the toggle would get to a station it would reset to the bottom of the list again. (Example 1-10 stations, going from 10 to 8 was fine, until reaching 7 the station would reset back to 10) After reprogramming station 7 and 6 the toggle would work again. I am unsure if the car did not like the station signal or what the issue is.

When driving home the favorite toggles stop working completely, neither up or down worked. i did not try any other steering wheel buttons, but the next morning the toggles are working.

Has anyone had these issues before?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
This is a weird problem. Unfortunately, I haven't experienced but my guess is it's linked to the infotainment software. Next time this happens and it's safe to do so (e.g., you're in a parking lot), you can reboot just the infotainment system with the 2-finger-salute: hold down the NEXT button and the HOME button for upto 20 seconds or until the screen reboots (You see the "Bolt" logo on the center infortainment screen). See if this reboot fixes things for. WARNING: you will lose the center screen for a few seconds while it reboots so you won't have HVAC feedback. Slight possibility the screen could go dead completely and never reboot. Hence why you should do this in the parking lot so you can completely turn off/on the Bolt to hopefully reset everything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a weird problem. Unfortunately, I haven't experienced but my guess is it's linked to the infotainment software. Next time this happens and it's safe to do so (e.g., you're in a parking lot), you can reboot just the infotainment system with the 2-finger-salute: hold down the NEXT button and the HOME button for upto 20 seconds or until the screen reboots (You see the "Bolt" logo on the center infortainment screen). See if this reboot fixes things for. WARNING: you will lose the center screen for a few seconds while it reboots so you won't have HVAC feedback. Slight possibility the screen could go dead completely and never reboot. Hence why you should do this in the parking lot so you can completely turn off/on the Bolt to hopefully reset everything.
thanks i will try this and report findings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts