Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The steering on my bolt will not re-center after a turn, except when the wheel only turn at a small angle, after making a turn, say a 90 degree left or right, the wheel well not return to center once I let go of the wheel. Actually, the steering wheel just stay at the same spot, did not even return a bit. Anyone else experience this issue? What is the fix for it?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
There's some other threads about this. Does it happen turning both directions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's some other threads about this. Does it happen turning both directions?

yes happens on both direction. Got an appointment with the dealer Monday. Hope it's something simple like alignment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took my Bolt to the dealer today, they said the steering gear needed to be replaced. They have to order the part, so I won't know until tomorrow to see if that fixes my issue. Will report back after I pick up the car. Wish me luck, hope that is it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After 2 weeks, finally, have my Bolt back, dealer changed the steering gear, all back to normal now. They blame the UAW strike for the delay, they said the warehouse will not ship the part because of the strike Strange thing is 2 days ago, I called and talk to the service manager and complain, and the same day, they were able to find the parts from a different warehouse ... I don't know what to say, lack of trying from my service advisor, I suppose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts