Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded Torque Pro and got a VeePeak OBD2 Bluetooth adapter. Paired it with my phone. Seems to connect, but am clueless as to how to set this up! I can't even select an EV PROFILE in the setup menu. I thought this was plug and play...guess not!

I need step by step instructions. Help!

·
Registered
391 Posts
No. You're kinda out on the edge here. This ain't no Apple sandbox here where everything's so carefully curated.
I second the site linked to get going. But after that yeah...it's a lot more hands-on.
I tried with an Autel unit from a store that sounds like your Harbor Freight. No luck. Guess I gotta go mail order.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have Torque Pro and different gauges/sensors set up. If I get a new phone, do I have to recreate everything I've set up on Torque? Or is there a way to transfer what I've set up to the new phone. I really hate to have to redo everything when the time comes.

·
Registered
2019 Bolt & 2015 Spark EV
219 Posts
If I get a new phone, do I have to recreate everything I've set up on Torque? Or is there a way to transfer what I've set up to the new phone
I run it on several devices. No way I've found to transfer your setup, but at least you shouldn't have to repay for the app if you're Google Play Store login is the same.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I run it on several devices. No way I've found to transfer your setup, but at least you shouldn't have to repay for the app if you're Google Play Store login is the same.
Thanks. I was hoping there was maybe a file in the .Torque folder that had your setup saved and you could transfer.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What PIDS do you guys use the most?
Exactly my next question!

I was surprised to find 96 Batt Cell voltage sensors! I thought the whole battery pack was broken up into battery modules, of which there are what, six? And that was the finest resolution I'd get. What am I seeing?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man! That took a long time to set up!
Got caught by an odd "feature" of the program....

NOTE: If you enter a bunch of displays/gauges, and THEN you change the number of Pages the program displays, chances are you are going To LOOSE SOME OF YOUR DISPLAYS AND GAUGES, POSSIBLY PAGES OF THEM!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I too, am interested in knowing what items folks find most useful. I got this primarily to monitor my Bolt's cell voltages and temps, in light of the recent Recall.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Exactly my next question!

I was surprised to find 96 Batt Cell voltage sensors! I thought the whole battery pack was broken up into battery modules, of which there are what, six? And that was the finest resolution I'd get. What am I seeing?
Each parallel three cell group, often just referred to as "cells", is read for voltage.

I have two screens which I use a lot. I think of them as my car energy monitoring screen, and my charging screen.

11-15-20 leaving 2.jpg

240 volt EVSE in garage.

240 V charging.jpg

DC fast charging.

Fincastle charging 4.58pm.jpg

In addition, I have five screens showing my 96 cells arranged in their modules. I look at these every month or so, or daily if we have a fire recall :)

I also have a screen with performance stuff...0-30, 0-60 time, max hp reading, motor rpm, gear selected, etc. which I hardly ever look at.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Find any way of moving pages?

Thanks for the examples. I'll have to study them to deduce what items are being monitored and the names.

Care to elaborate on some of your choices?
I like how you have the AC charging and DC charging readouts arranged. Had to look at that for a bit to deduce what you were looking at, but made sense when I figured it out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
EngineLink, the iPhone version has pretty good customer support. I asked them questions as I was setting it up and they answered every question I had. On EngineLink I don’t believe you can move pages, you have 4 custom pages so you set them up save it as layout1, layout2, etc.
Waiting for an answer now if you can switch layouts and keep all the data in one session or not.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Find any way of moving pages?

Care to elaborate on some of your choices?
On Torque Pro you can duplicate gauges onto multiple pages, or move gauges from page to page.

The choices have evolved over time. In some cases it took some time to figure out what the gauges are actually displaying. For example, I have relabeled the battery thermistors to indicate which module they are actually mounted on. The AC compressor rpm was originally mislabeled as battery coolant pump rpm. As you can in the old screen shot above, AC condenser temp was originally labeled Ele temp H2.2. I just renamed that one today. I have spent a lot of time digging around on the Weber Auto video site, a GM parts site, and the service manual I downloaded, to figure out what was what. For me this is like a puzzle, and I am having a ball.

·
Registered
131 Posts
And I appreciate your puzzle solutions.

On Torque Pro you can duplicate gauges onto multiple pages, or move gauges from page to page.

The choices have evolved over time. In some cases it took some time to figure out what the gauges are actually displaying. For example, I have relabeled the battery thermistors to indicate which module they are actually mounted on. The AC compressor rpm was originally mislabeled as battery coolant pump rpm. As you can in the old screen shot above, AC condenser temp was originally labeled Ele temp H2.2. I just renamed that one today. I have spent a lot of time digging around on the Weber Auto video site, a GM parts site, and the service manual I downloaded, to figure out what was what. For me this is like a puzzle, and I am having a ball.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me too! Do you have a list detailing what's what? And, how do you edit gauge names?

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Me too! Do you have a list detailing what's what? And, how do you edit gauge names?
I don't have a list. You can change the number of decimal places, rename the PID, even rewrite the formula for that PID if you are one of the IT guys on here, all under Setting/Manage extra PIDs.

Once you have a gauge on a page, you can press on it, and it changes color, and you can go in and make changes to that one gauge, which is much safer than making changes in the main file.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts