Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace my rear bumper cover, and just got a call from the body shop telling me that they can't get the "small" stoplights to work, although the main brake lights do come on when the brake pedal is pressed. Does this have something to do with the regenerative braking? Is there a separate brake light for regen?

I've scoured the OM, an not found anything relevant.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had to replace my rear bumper cover, and just got a call from the body shop telling me that they can't get the "small" stoplights to work, although the main brake lights do come on when the brake pedal is pressed. Does this have something to do with the regenerative braking? Is there a separate brake light for regen?

I've scoured the OM, an not found anything relevant.
The "Small" Stoplights on the lower bumper will ONLY come out when the hatch is open. As seen here (@6:00):

·
Registered
220 Posts
The "Small" Stoplights on the lower bumper will ONLY come out when the hatch is open.
Yup... open the hatch and the magic happens! It's due to them putting the normal brake lights on the hatch lid. They need this 2nd set to meet the federal safety standards.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
1 - 4 of 4 Posts