Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check both your home and away settings. One time my 2020 Bolt Premier got confused and thought it was "away" when it was really "home". I have no cell service at home since I live in the mountains of western North Carolina.

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
13,530 Posts
Because 65% might be the target, but with the cells balancing... you lose 1 or 2%
Nope. These SoC targets are based on voltage readings, and perhaps coulomb count from the current monitor. The coulomb count is real, but as a percentage of an assumed battery capacity, the algorithm for which may actually change after it sees a charge event. Any time you charge a battery to a given voltage, it will drop after charging stops. How much depends on the battery's temperature, internal impedance, and how disorderly the ions are in the electrode....the breakfast cereal phenomena...some settling may occur in shipping

·
Registered
Volt, Polestar 2, R1T, Livewire One
1,301 Posts
Nope. These SoC targets are based on voltage readings, and perhaps coulomb count from the current monitor. The coulomb count is real, but as a percentage of an assumed battery capacity, the algorithm for which may actually change after it sees a charge event. Any time you charge a battery to a given voltage, it will drop after charging stops. How much depends on the battery's temperature, internal impedance, and how disorderly the ions are in the electrode....the breakfast cereal phenomena...some settling may occur in shipping
I've witnessed the charge level percentage going up while unplugged and sitting in every EV I've ever owned. Temperature swings are the biggest reason for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That was it! Already at 83%... and still charging!

Chevy, may I suggest adding a "confirm" popup to that screen as I can see an idiot like me getting his car washed and not realizing that someone inadvertently "swiped down" while wiping?

lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts