Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I recently installed a subwoofer in my 2018 Chevy Bolt EV. I've noticed that the amp stays on even while the car is on. We have the remote turn on wire running into the fuse box, and the wire is stuck into the same fuse socket as one of the auxiliary ports. Normally in. a gas car this port wouldn't be powered when the car is off, so the amp would turn off when the car is off. But I find that the amp light is staying on, even when the car is off. Anyone know if there is a better fuse socket to use for this? Or have any other ideas as to how to remedy it?

Also, does the 400V battery pack just charge the 12V all the time? So so long as the 400V pack has power, the 12V will too?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
4,004 Posts
Hi all! I recently installed a subwoofer in my 2018 Chevy Bolt EV. I've noticed that the amp stays on even while the car is on. We have the remote turn on wire running into the fuse box, and the wire is stuck into the same fuse socket as one of the auxiliary ports. Normally in. a gas car this port wouldn't be powered when the car is off, so the amp would turn off when the car is off. But I find that the amp light is staying on, even when the car is off. Anyone know if there is a better fuse socket to use for this? Or have any other ideas as to how to remedy it?

Also, does the 400V battery pack just charge the 12V all the time? So so long as the 400V pack has power, the 12V will too?

Thanks!
Do you notice if it turns off after 10 minutes? The accessory power (audio system, accessory power outlets, power windows, etc.) are supposed to stay on for 10 minutes after the car is shut off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you notice if it turns off after 10 minutes? The accessory power (audio system, accessory power outlets, power windows, etc.) are supposed to stay on for 10 minutes after the car is shut off.
Hey! Looks like it still stays on after the 10 minutes. I checked it a couple times today after it had been off for a while, both when it was plugged in and when it wasn't (not sure if that affects things), and each time the light was still on. Not sure what might be going on here!

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
4,389 Posts
Does accessory power come on when a door or the hatch is opened? It's possible you'll need to set things up such that you can see the amp LED through a window.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good call! I think that the lights do come on when the trunk is opened, but I'm able to peer in the rear window and see the light on the amp without opening the trunk; so without opening the trunk or unlocking the car, I'm able to see that the amp light stays on all the time now apparently.

Any idea how to prevent this? Or is the fuse box always powered and this is to be expected maybe?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
4,004 Posts
Maybe try a different fuse tap? Here's what someone used for their dash cam:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts