Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I've always gone for those generic folding ones that don't really fit perfectly of fold into a small bag, but they do have nice designs. Would the 63 x 31.5 Inches fit the Bolt windshield perfectly?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Heat Shield makes the best sunshades, in my opinion. I have one for the windshield of my Bolt and it fits perfectly.

i tried to put the link in, but i don't apparently have enough posts. wtf. anyway, just google Heat Shield, put in the maker, year, model. you have to pick "with sensor" or "without sensor" (premier).

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Heat Shield claims to reduce the cabin temperature by 25˚ F (11˚ C) on average. Sounds great for those of you living in sunny areas, but I'm not sure if that's in combination with rear window and side window heat shields.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Anyone willing to leave their windows open a crack should do it, found that really helped during hot summers, some sort of ventilation goes a long way. Getting yourself a set of vent visors will be a good idea as well since it can take away from all the security concerns someone might have with leaving a window cracked.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I note that the Chevrolet site has added a few accessories for the Bolt, including a sunshade, mats, an official blacked out Chevy logo, and some other stuff. No cross rails for the roof rack, though.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The sunshade is $100.00 on the Chevrolet accessories site. It does look cool that it has the Bolt logo on there as well. But will it perform as well as the heat shield one?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ordered the Heat Shield sunshade this morning. I'll do a test fitting when it arrives and let you know if it fits or (gulp) not.

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Works great! They're stuff is well made. Fits well. Had one for the ELR too and was happy with it. Got the rear shade too, for days when the poor Bolt has to sit outside in the summer time...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Bolt with premier trim and the drive assist features. I ordered the Heatshield sunshades "with sensor." Could anyone confirm that was the right choice?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My wife and I aren't fans of the accordion style sunshades because of the space they take up. We prefer the pop up sunshades. We tried this one. It's not perfect, but it works. Hopefully someone comes across a better pop up shade alternative.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I tried to order the sun shade via the Chevy web-site today. There was a sunshade available for the LT but not the Premier version of the Bolt EV. Anyone know what is going on with that?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used my Heat Shield from my old Saturn Vue and it's almost a perfect fit. When I sold the car the guy wanted it but I tried it on the Bolt and decided to keep it. The best shade on the market. Have tried many here in Az .

1 - 20 of 49 Posts