Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Don't buy the one from GM. Expensive (as you can tell) and it's not even worth it. The thing is bloody heavy, the visors barely hold it up now when they're brand new, nevermind after a few years or use. I hate to say it but I wasted $100 something US (and I'm CDN so it's an extra kick in the balls)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought...

A Covercraft sun shade. The most expensive sun shade ever for $53 with free shipping, but it fits perfectly and does the job it is suppose to do. Thick with insulation and available in colors, this thing actually fits our tall windshields.

·
Registered
322 Posts
A Covercraft sun shade. The most expensive sun shade ever for $53 with free shipping, but it fits perfectly and does the job it is suppose to do. Thick with insulation and available in colors, this thing actually fits our tall windshields.
Looks like you have an LT. Does the Covercraft shade have a cut out for the camera sensors around the rear-view mirror? Heatshield has two options, with sensors and without. I have an LT and want a folding shade that covers the full windshield (no cutout for sensors) and it looks like Covercraft might do it.

Also, where do you store it in the car between uses?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
^ it folds up flat (vs. the cheap type you roll up) and you store it in its included bag... I just lay mine on the back seat floor when not using it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
^ it folds up flat (vs. the cheap type you roll up) and you store it in its included bag... I just lay mine on the back seat floor when not using it.
NY-Rob--Looks like you have a Premier. Does the Covercraft shade fit around the black piece ahead of your rear-view mirror? I'm looking for one that fits an LT without the forward-facing sensors.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
NY-Rob--Looks like you have a Premier. Does the Covercraft shade fit around the black piece ahead of your rear-view mirror? I'm looking for one that fits an LT without the forward-facing sensors.
Yeah, there's a big "U" shaped cutout as deep and wide as the sensor cover at the top center of the shade which fits around rather than covering the sensor cover.

On the Covercraft site- add a 2017 Bolt to your garage, when you choose the color of the UVS1000 Sunscreen and add it to your cart - a popup asks you for the sub-model info for Premier or LT fitment. The only difference between the two models pertinent to the Sunscreen would be the sensor cover cutout.... Premier gets the cutout, LT doesn't.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Awesome--thank you!

I was trying to buy through a 3rd-party site which didn't give me the LT vs Premier option. On Covercraft.com, it does show it as you describe. Looks to be $59 + $7 for the bag + shipping.

·
Registered
624 Posts
picked up one of these. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G72UOQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

they come as a pair, but one of them is big enough to cover the whole windshield. not bad for $12.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heat Shield makes the best sunshades, in my opinion. I have one for the windshield of my Bolt and it fits perfectly.

i tried to put the link in, but i don't apparently have enough posts. wtf. anyway, just google Heat Shield, put in the maker, year, model. you have to pick "with sensor" or "without sensor" (premier).
Incorrect. Why would the Premier not have sensors that the LT did? You have placed premier next to "without sensor"

Correct: Premier is "with sensor"

·
Registered
785 Posts
Time toy- the last photo I noticed You have 4 organizing bins- where did You get them they look handy for storing chargers and extension cords

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, there's a big "U" shaped cutout as deep and wide as the sensor cover at the top center of the shade which fits around rather than covering the sensor cover.

On the Covercraft site- add a 2017 Bolt to your garage, when you choose the color of the UVS1000 Sunscreen and add it to your cart - a popup asks you for the sub-model info for Premier or LT fitment. The only difference between the two models pertinent to the Sunscreen would be the sensor cover cutout.... Premier gets the cutout, LT doesn't.
Does anyone know if the Covercraft also fits 2018 model? I'm not sure if the camera complex on the windshield changed for '18, but Covercraft does not offer a 2018 Bolt option. Also Amazon claims that part# UV11499SV (I have a Premier) is not compatible with a 2018 Bolt EV Premier. Did anything change? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
FWIW I did finally get a reply back from Covercraft:

"I have a part number for the UVshield for the 2018 Chevy Bolt.

Use part number UV11499"

That is the same as 2017 part#, so it was as I expected, but they've yet to update the website. Oh well, I'll have it by sometime next week even though Amazon assures me it does not fit my 2018 Bolt EV Premier.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
FWIW I did finally get a reply back from Covercraft:

"I have a part number for the UVshield for the 2018 Chevy Bolt.

Use part number UV11499"

That is the same as 2017 part#, so it was as I expected, but they've yet to update the website. Oh well, I'll have it by sometime next week even though Amazon assures me it does not fit my 2018 Bolt EV Premier.

I have the exact same product for my Premier. I do need to shift it towards the roof line about an inch so it has a better hold on the visor edges.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the HeatShield for my oil burner F-350. I had a rock chip in the windshield and used the Heatshield in May in Texas while out canoeing. I now have a crack in the windshield that started from the chip. Just a warning to fix them sooner than later... I'm ordering a Heatshield for my new Bolt still.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’ve been debating the Heat Shield option since getting the car a few weeks ago. I like the custom fit but don’t like the $40 price or the space it takes when not in use. The other option of a cheap folding one off Amazon also has drawbacks however. I’ve always used those but they never seem to last more than a year before falling apart. This seems like a textbook case of you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like the custom fit but don’t like the $40 price or the space it takes when not in use.

I've been happy with it and if you are concerned about the space it takes up, it actually slips out of the way very nicely between the passenger seat and door when not in use. I mostly haul kids in the back seat and on the occasion that I do have a front seat passenger, I just throw it in back along with my backpack/lunchbox/etc.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts