Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the 2018 model has adjustable sun visors. Can anyone confirm that the 2018 sun visors will fit on a 2017?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Huh, I wonder if they stole the idea from the internet. I think a forum member here or That Other Bolt Forum had taken Gen 2 Volt sun visors and installed them on their Bolt, complete with electrical wiring for the vanity mirrors.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh, I wonder if they stole the idea from the internet. I think a forum member here or That Other Bolt Forum had taken Gen 2 Volt sun visors and installed them on their Bolt, complete with electrical wiring for the vanity mirrors.
I have a Gen II Volt. Gonna see if it fits.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sounds like an easy way to convert a 2017 Bolt into a 2018 Bolt.

Sean: Can you post an image of your modification to the mounting posts?

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
No, but here's the post that taught me how to do it...

http:
//www
.mychevybolt
.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6512

Highlight all four lines above and paste the whole thing into the address bar of your browser (this site won't allow direct links to that site).

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sounds like an easy way to convert a 2017 Bolt into a 2018 Bolt.

Just make sure you know that Sean and the other poster used a Volt visor not a 2018 Bolt visor. I haven't seen anyone try a Bolt visor yet but I'm hoping it just screws right in without additional modding.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Just make sure you know that Sean and the other poster used a Volt visor not a 2018 Bolt visor. I haven't seen anyone try a Bolt visor yet but I'm hoping it just screws right in without additional modding.
It was really trivial to take off the extra plastic on the Volt visor so that it would fit on the Bolt. I wouldn't hesitate to order Volt visors now rather than wait for whenever 2018 Bolt visors will become available (assuming they fit, which seems pretty likely to me).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Has anyone ordered and installed the updated 2018 Bolt Extendable SunVisors into their 2017 Model ?
I know about the Volt Install, but the Bolts update should be exact.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Finally got my '18 visors for my '17 Bolt. Fits fine but looks like a trim piece is missing. Looks like it wraps and snaps in place. Can anyone with '18 confirm? Otherwise totally happy and a better finish than the old ones and the slide!

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for the picture. Definitely missing the covers. Will be at dealer tomorrow for 2nd software update.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
FYI, I think the covers are way overpriced. I forget the thread but another forum member had bought them for at least $20 I think per plastic cap.

·
Registered
291 Posts
At the dealer now and caps do not show up on their exploded parts BOM. Does anyone have the part #s ? Parts person said they maybe after market? That makes on sense.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I couldn't find the post with the cap part number, but I think I remembered wrong and was actually referring to following video (skip to 0:43 mark):

Looks like the part # for the "Cover" is 84193495 and the Youtuber ordered from gmpartscenter.net. Note the "Note" on their order form. They specifically noted they are ordering 2018 parts for a 2017 Bolt. That's probably why your dealer didn't find the parts on the diagram if you gave them your 2017's VIN.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thank you! We were looking at the 2018 BOM. Never gave them VIN #. She knew I ordered the 18s for the 17. They are actually the same as my wife's 2015 Volt but no lights. She told me I couldn't steal the caps from her car.?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thank you! We were looking at the 2018 BOM. Never gave them VIN #. She knew I ordered the 18s for the 17. They are actually the same as my wife's 2015 Volt but no lights. She told me I couldn't steal the caps from her car.?
If the caps are the same as the Volt, you should check your local u-pick. That's the problem with being an early adopter - not many, if any, Bolts in junkyards yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.