Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quiz: Which shade is built for the Premier and which is for the LT?

Shade # 1

Shade # 2

I actually ordered the overpriced ($100) sun shade from accessories.chevrolet.com. On the web site, when I put the sun shade in my cart, it asked for my trim level. Then they sent what I believe is the wrong sun shade.

But it gets better. Because both sun shades have the same part number, they won't send me the correct one. Nobody will acknowledge that there are two versions even though both appear on the web site!!!

So please vote. Is this two shades for two trim levels or am I just seeing things that nobody else can see?

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV / 2014 Spark EV / 2020 Tesla Model Y
135 Posts
So is three a camera, sensor, or something behind the rearview mirror that requires the different cutout at the top center?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not sure. I ordered shades for my Bolts from the dealer when I bought mine. It fits fine in my LTs. I can take a pic tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
392 Posts
screen one is the the confidence packages, and #2 is the the base models. The confidence packages like in my bolt premiere have a big huge dustpan attached to the windshield.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to give a chance for a few others to reply before I reveal the rest of the story. Please vote. Tell us which you think is for the Premiere and which is for the LT.

Bottom line is that Chevy refuses to send me the correct sun shade because they assigned the same part number to both shades and they won't even acknowledge that they are different.

·
Registered
158 Posts
#1 is for the premiere with the driver confidence 2 package (forward collision camera) which is not offered on the LT.

#2 is for the Premiere or LT without the package.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If they sent you the LT when you have a Premier it probably won't fit

If they sent you the Premier and you have an LT it should fit

It is entirely possible that someone at Chevy realized that it was a waste to carry two sunscreen when the Premier model would fit both trim levels so they dropped the LT version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the WeatherTech shade as well. Can confirm it fits the LT. The reversibility is a great feature.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I like the look of the OE sunshade. Does anyone find it slightly amusing we are talking about sunshades in the winter time here?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts