Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found the following video about another "Bolt EV" car prototype made by TATA, who produces for the India market:

I'm not sure what to make of this.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
As I have already said in a different thread, GM took 4 years to find a really dumb name for one of the most consequential vehicles in their modern history.

·
Registered
392 Posts
As I have already said in a different thread, GM took 4 years to find a really dumb name for one of the most consequential vehicles in their modern history.
Let wonder what the next EV car from GM will be named ..... DOLT, JOLT, COLT .... :)

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV / 2014 Spark EV / 2020 Tesla Model Y
135 Posts
Molt? It's a convertible....

Reactions: Dimitrij

·
Registered
739 Posts
Found the following video about another "Bolt EV" car made by TATA for the India market:.
According to autocarindia, this is not yet a production car, and it looks like they have replaced the fuel tank in their regular liquid fuel TaTa Bolts with a 16kWh battery, and replaced the engine with a 109 hp electric motor. It looks like it takes overnight to recharge the battery. Probably something similar to an early leaf in terms of likely range, but I have not found any range figures yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow, 100km or 60miles of range per recharge.
Top speed 85~90kph or 55mph.
It looks like a development car and something to show that TATA is trying to keep up with the EV technologies.
It's very much a car just for show and nothing they would sell.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Wow, 100km or 60miles of range per recharge.
Top speed 85~90kph or 55mph.
It looks like a development car and something to show that TATA is trying to keep up with the EV technologies.
It's very much a car just for show and nothing they would sell.

Unless they sell it for 10 Lakh, which is not impossible. India is known for pulling off a spectacular high-tech project for a fraction of the feasibility study cost in the US :)

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-india-made-their-mars-orbiter-cheap-2014-9

1 - 11 of 11 Posts