Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with a sick fascination with destruction:

Was surprised the electrical cut for the power was in the front of the Bolt under the hood while in the Volt, it's in the rear behind the hatch. Seems easier to cut in the Bolt.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV / 2014 Spark EV / 2020 Tesla Model Y
135 Posts
That's some expensive training!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If this had English dubbing or subtitles, I'd bet that there would be a lot of fire departments that would circulate it to their first responders.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
For those of you with a sick fascination with destruction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw4-ijggZFI

Was surprised the electrical cut for the power was in the front of the Bolt under the hood while in the Volt, it's in the rear behind the hatch. Seems easier to cut in the Bolt.
Seems they were cutting the 12V battery connection. Which should keep the main battery relay open. I read somewhere the bolt has a collision main battery electrical disconnect feature. Kind of like an ICE does with the fuel pump. Each in their own way self safes high energy sources.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, that makes sense. In the Bolt, the 12V battery is in the front like a traditional ICE vehicle while in the Volt, it's in the rear hatch subfloor. That makes sense why the 12V cable is placed close to the 12V battery so first responders can verify they're cutting the 12V battery to deny the fuel pump or high voltage relay is kept open. Thank you, XJ12!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do you think I could email them for the grill.....

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not likely. You might have better luck looking on ebay for the parts scavenged from NHTSA. I recall reading about some people having success finding parts on eBay (I think one user found the audio module that also houses the pedestrian warning signal).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts