Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the 2018 Bolts will have telescoping sun visors--which is one of the complaints I have with my Bolt. I've seen posts on other forums about using Volt visors, with vanity lights, but I'd prefer to get some without lights which are designed to fit the Bolt without mods. Does anyone know when the 2018 Bolt visors will be available as "parts"?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The visors are too short to cover sun coming in the side windows. They're also to narrow, but I don't think much can be done about that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got my windows tinted which helps a lot - 30% on the front and 50% on the back

Attachments

Reactions: GotAmpsBro

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
I stick the envelope, that my Greenlots RFIC came in, behind the garage door opener that is clipped to the visor. Low tech solution...works great...cost nothing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I need these too. Please post a part # if you find it.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I stick the envelope, that my Greenlots RFIC came in, behind the garage door opener that is clipped to the visor. Low tech solution...works great...cost nothing.
I got a little credit card wallet to hold all my RFID cards and I leave it in the small pocket beside the 12VDC power jack underneath the HVAC controls.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't believe there hasn't been an answer for this yet!

Is it confirmed that 2018's and up have the telescoping visors? Wouldn't that be a rather easy thing to change out? I absolutely hate that my Bolt doesn't have this. It's crazy they wouldn't have had it from the start, my Volt had it!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I can confirm that the 2017 has non-telescoping visors while the 2018 does telescope. (We have both models). I do miss the telescoping at times in the 2017. A cursory look showed that the two models have slightly different mounting bases, so be sure you can just update by ordering the 2018 version. Personally, I don't think I would bother with ours...

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I can't believe there hasn't been an answer for this yet!

Is it confirmed that 2018's and up have the telescoping visors? Wouldn't that be a rather easy thing to change out? I absolutely hate that my Bolt doesn't have this. It's crazy they wouldn't have had it from the start, my Volt had it!
It's been answered. Just not in this thread. Check out this one: https://www.chevybolt.org/forum/416721-post16.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.