Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Temporary Failures

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Marc Cohn 
#1 ·
I have had 3 failures that were of a temporary nature. The first two were the key fob was suddenly not recognized - would not lock or unlock or start the car. After a short while (5-10 minutes) the fob worked again. The third failure was in the A/C that the internal temperature setting and fan speed number did not display - the A/C worked and the fan would turn to higher or lower settings but there was no display. Again, after an interval normal function was restored. It is almost as if the car realized there was a problem and re-initialized that portion of the program that administers that part of the car.

Has any one else experienced a temporary self healing failure ?

Do we know how Chevy will administer software updates ?

#2 ·
The key fob issue could be low battery on the fob itself.

I haven't had any issues that resolved itself in the manner you described. Usually, I've needed to shut down the car, wait a few minutes for the system to completely shut down, then restart.

I believe software updates are "over the air" (OTA). I don't remember all the exact menu names, but if you go into settings, there is a menu item that says something like software information. Under that option you have the ability to "check for updates". I believe your car must be connected to WiFi for this to work (either the one that comes with OnStar, or you can also connect the car to your own WiFi at home).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.