Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
The trend up and down in the curve needs continuous monitoring and adjustments to the amount of social interaction recommended and measures taken to dampen upward trends to keep us near peak health care resource utilization without going over the peak.
Yes, I totally agree with this.

Strong recommendations for caution, social distancing, mask use etc are fine, but the way lockdown was implemented in most areas was arbitrary and actually made people complacent about their own part in protecting their own health. Also, people seeing the arbitrary nature of what was left open for business vs what was shut down leads to contempt for the authorities trying to implement the lockdown.
Yeah, leadership has to earn the trust of the people. But that seems to be a much bigger problem in the US because of the extreme politicization of the issue. Having so many politicians and ordinary citizens bound and determined to flout sensible safety precautions because they're trying to make a political statement makes it a lot harder to manage the epidemic.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Well, here you go, mention of not getting political on her videos. :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
@Fivedoor

Keith, let me be the first to admit that you've had several long posts and I may not fully comprehend everything you're trying to get across, (TLDR) however it appears you're equating going to work and restaurants indoors with going to the grocery store, both at equal risk.

It need not be either /OR, IE you must stay at home OR go out.

This is clearly not the case, as the virus is transmitted by aerosol, large groups singing, yelling, think concerts, sporting events, rallies etc, are far worse then a couple enjoying a meal at an outdoor dining table or going to the grocery & liquor store 😉 to pick up the essentials.

It is dwell time that adds risk. Not all out of home activities are equal risk.

Be safe all, and I hope that we are all around here to discuss GM's new EV's when they launch....

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Why in God's green earth does anyone listen to anyone other than scientists and epidemiologists on this issue? Listening to anyone with any political axe to grind (both sides) is stupid.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Why in God's green earth does anyone listen to anyone other than scientists and epidemiologists on this issue? Listening to anyone with any political axe to grind (both sides) is stupid.
I'm not sure how you can both sides this issue. One side wants masks (because that what scientists recommend) and the other doesn't. No one is trying to score political points by suggesting people protect themselves. If there are points scored, it's a natural consequence of advocating for what's right. That said, I can see how someone might reach the opposite conclusion if they mistakenly thought Trump knew what he was talking about.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Even if wearing a mask served no other function than to make others feel safe, then I'm fine with that.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
One side wants masks (because that what scientists recommend) and the other doesn't.
Nothing shows how broken America is more than this, IMHO. It's the result of years and years of indoctrinating half the country to be skeptical of facts and common sense. Voters have been hoodwinked into voting against their own best interests since well before Trump arrived on the scene, he's just the result of how badly warped the political spectrum has become. And now you've got people cajoled into acting in ways that will literally kill some of them. It's just unbelievable.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Even if wearing a mask served no other function than to make others feel safe, then I'm fine with that.
Not me. I'm for knowledge, logic, and education. Not religion, mysticism, and reverse psychology. Especially when it comes to those in positions of power.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Trump supporter here. Don't care what he says on twitter. All i care about is policies and he is putting Americans first. Not a perfect man but as far as i know neither are any of his critics.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I'm not sure how you can both sides this issue. One side wants masks (because that what scientists recommend) and the other doesn't. No one is trying to score political points by suggesting people protect themselves. If there are points scored, it's a natural consequence of advocating for what's right. That said, I can see how someone might reach the opposite conclusion if they mistakenly thought Trump knew what he was talking about.
I agree; you can't "both sides" the issue. That's why you don't listen to politicians who will prima facie take whatever position they want. But most people aren't bright enough to understand that. They just want to hear the echo chamber of their opinion. It's easier that way.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree; you can't "both sides" the issue. That's why you don't listen to politicians who will prima facie take whatever position they want. But most people aren't bright enough to understand that. They just want to hear the echo chamber of their opinion. It's easier that way.
Most people? I'd disagree. I've always thought about 30% of Americans lack critical thinking skills and are susceptible to easy propaganda. Unfortunately that's enough to keep us trapped in this ongoing disaster.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Most people? I'd disagree. I've always thought about 30% of Americans lack critical thinking skills and are susceptible to easy propaganda. Unfortunately that's enough to keep us trapped in this ongoing disaster.
I agree completely with your concept, but I'd say closer to 40% (and, unfortunately, rising every day due in large part to the presence of Twitter, Facebook and other dumbed down internet apps). I was sloppy with my usage of "most" and should have said "many".

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

Well, that's a really good point. No V2G with CCS. :(

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

Here's your chance! Head to https://www.ccfraffle.com to buy your tickets (and put "TransportEvolved" in the checkout window to get 2 tickets for $175!)

41 - 57 of 57 Posts