Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those interested, Sandy Munro is tearing down a Tesla model Y and uploading short clips while doing so to YouTube.
I have not yet gotten to drive, ride in, or even sit in one and he is starting to tear one apart, yeah, I am just a little jealous ;-)

Munro Live

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
The one of his guy discussing the battery pack while an auto journalist hacks, and coughs into his sleeve for several minutes was horrifying. At least Munro was wearing a mask. This was almost as bad as the sappy/happy news spot that NBC had of an entire family standing around a new mother. They are all wearing masks, but granny is in front with the mask inexplicably down below her nose. She proceeds to stick two fingers up to her nose, and then rub them on the baby's face!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The one of his guy discussing the battery pack while an auto journalist hacks, and coughs into his sleeve for several minutes was horrifying.
Fortunately that video was for the Model 3 and was from two years ago. They just posted it yesterday with the other videos.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
And we are concerned about Tesla in the Chevy Bolt Forum for ...? The best info on the insides of the Chevy Bolt are on the Weberauto YouTube channel. There are 7 GREAT videos on the Bolt including the battery (removal, disassembly & reassembly {my favorite}, the traction motor, the five high-voltage components, and on the 3 cooling loops. There is another good video on regenerative braking in EVs, not just the Bolt. I recommend these for any Bolt EV owner who wants to know how it truly works.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
This is the lounge, which means any topic might come up. Not surprising people would have an interest in the Y. I don't follow Tesla, so I wouldn't have known about the new videos unless it was mentioned here (and I am interested in those videos). It will be interesting to see if Tesla has improved some of the things Munroe previously cited as poorly designed.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Unfortunately, a lot of issues mostly regarding quality control have shown up on the Model Y's they rushed out before the Fremont factory was forced to close.
Read about it here: Tesla Motors Club

My Model Y is ready for shipment, but I put order on hold till this pandemic is over and things return to normal (and hopefully Tesla quality control returns to normal). I stopped the process before a VIN was assigned, so I will get a much later production car when I'm ready to accept delivery.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Unfortunately, a lot of issues mostly regarding quality control have shown up on the Model Y's they rushed out before the Fremont factory was forced to close.
Read about it here: Tesla Motors Club

My Model Y is ready for shipment, but I put order on hold till this pandemic is over and things return to normal (and hopefully Tesla quality control returns to normal). I stopped the process before a VIN was assigned, so I will get a much later production car when I'm ready to accept delivery.
I was going to funnel my overtime into a Model Y but I take delivery of a 22 foot Four Winns boat on Tuesday instead. I'll hold onto my Bolt for another 18 months for sure now. We are on mandatory 20 hours overtime/week through August and I think it will increase so I'm hoping to have my Model Y funded (again) by February for order.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Increased patrolling to enforce reduction in travels?

I'm headed to a hospital Monday and wonder if I need travel "papers".
Not at all. In fact under state law we can't stop vehicles with expired or illegal registration while under a state of emergency. Expired plates is the #1 excuse/stop when you suspected something interesting is afoot .... no shortages of cars with expired plates. We have the Democratic Natl Convention in our city for this year, it's been postponed to August but we are doing daily security sweeps of infrastructure. Mandated checks of utilities, undercity infrastructure and checks of hospitality businesses. We started the enhanced security the first week of January.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts