Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried an online estimate recently? Just ran one for my house and looks like it would be just $19K for a 4.9kW system after fed tax incentives. Very nice, if I needed to replace the roof.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I went a different route and had Tesla PowerWalls installed in my house that was completed last week along with 18 360w Solar Panels (Non-Tesla). I did the online estimate for the PowerWalls but when they came to do the real estimate on premise it ended up being 30% cheaper than online. Now, my install had one complication and one feature that did increase the cost that online didn't factor in and again, still 30% cheaper; I have a 22kW whole house generator and the install had to accomodate not only that but Solar AND I had them setup for a 3rd PowerWall because I figured I might want it later. When I've called Tesla on a car, and I had them on order ..... the price on the phone was less than the price on the website for the exact car, color and features. For what that's worth.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I tried to work with Tesla on solar panels, but found that they were a major PIA, and they didn't bother contacting me, so I went with SolarEdge with Panasonic panels (same ones used by Tesla). I'm currently waiting for all the permits/approvals/inspections to install 50 panels (16kW), which takes almost 3 months here in Protest, Oregon.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to work with Tesla on solar panels, but found that they were a major PIA, and they didn't bother contacting me, so I went with SolarEdge with Panasonic panels (same ones used by Tesla). I'm currently waiting for all the permits/approvals/inspections to install 50 panels (16kW), which takes almost 3 months here in Protest, Oregon.
16kW, that's some serious production.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts