Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This adapter allows you to charge your Bolt EV or any other J1772-equipped car with Tesla Destination Chargers, Tesla Home Connector, and Tesla Mobile Connector ("UMC"). It does *not* work with Superchargers.

I ordered it in anticipation of ordering a Bolt but something came up and the Bolt purchase is called off for now so I don't need the adapter. It's brand new, never used, and the built quality is outstanding. I paid $257 including shipping.

Asking $240 shipped in the US.

Photo is from the eBay listing where I purchased it. The actual item is identical and I can provide a photo if desired. (I'm at work at the moment)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
DD: You will love it. I have used mine on several occasions and find the peace of mind worth the $250. It even works in the rain. Many locations took advantage of the free Tesla destination charger plan with 3 Tesla plugs and 1 J-1772 plug. This gives you 4 chances to find an open plug instead of one.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I love how the forums have come around on Tesla as an L2 charger

1 year ago: that David guys is nuts - don't use Tesla chargers they aren't made for my car and I don't trust Tesla
Today: "u will love it. I have used mine on several occasions and find the peace of mind worth the $250. It even works in the rain. Many locations took advantage of the free Tesla destination charger plan with 3 Tesla plugs and 1 J-1772 plug. This gives you 4 chances to find an open plug instead of one."

it's been super fun y'all - I love my Tesla chargers and my J-1772 chargers and there really should be only one standard, but until then adapters for the win! Maximize you're charging choices/opportunities.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks guys! Seller hasn't responded, and it was posted on March 6, so I assume it's sold. I just ordered the UMC and will look to get the Jdapter in the next couple days, I think it's about $239 now.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Amazing the price has dropped to $180 currently.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I read this (2+ year-old) article ... (probably already covered elsewhere on this forum):

..and it mentions at the very bottom: "Also, there are some newer Tesla stations that operate at 277 volts, which the Bolt CAN NOT handle. I believe the Bolt would simply refuse to charge if connected to such a station, but user beware!"

Anybody here confirm this, and is it easily identifiable?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I read this (2+ year-old) article ... (probably already covered elsewhere on this forum):

..and it mentions at the very bottom: "Also, there are some newer Tesla stations that operate at 277 volts, which the Bolt CAN NOT handle. I believe the Bolt would simply refuse to charge if connected to such a station, but user beware!"

Anybody here confirm this, and is it easily identifiable?
I found that same article yesterday while searching for the Tesla Tap and Electron adapters. but I didn't have time to follow up for an answer to that question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts