Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt Premiere
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to publicly thank Volta for some swag they sent. Some background story: we don't have any way to charge at home(condo). A little while ago I emailed them to say how grateful I am for their network as it's the one I use the most. And since it's free; another reason to be thankful. I also mentioned one stall that was broken in one of their locations; they fixed it in a day or two. I suggested some more places to consider for their network; Home Depot, Lowes(the movies & the home center), laundromats, Costco, restaurants, Target, auto parts stores, other grocery stores, etc. They were very receptive and appreciative of my input. I don't work for them; don't know anybody that works with them. Just another happy customer. :D

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
1,527 Posts
I use Volta occasionally. While their L2 stations are serviceable, I'm waiting for their DCFC rollout announced last year. 50-100 kW stations in many of the places they have already deployed would be a game changer in the public charging space. Would not even mind if they charged $6-8/hr to use.

ga2500ev

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
7,636 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt Premiere
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
7,636 Posts
Went to a local Volta L2 charger today just to try out, 5KW rate charging per Bolt screen, less than the typical 6KW from Chargepoint L2 chargers.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Nov build
7,636 Posts

Interesting, 8.3kW unit at Lancaster, so commercial power at 40A! Nice to see AC L2 higher than the typical 32A.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt Premiere
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Interesting, 8.3kW unit at Lancaster, so commercial power at 40A! Nice to see AC L2 higher than the typical 32A.
Good to know! Our 2021 Bolt can't take advantage of the higher speed.
But we have a 2022 on the way.

Ps. our last road trip(NJ to DE); we used two free Volta DCFC stalls.
On the way down, stopped at a mall in Bensalem, PA. On the way back,
charged at another mall in Wilmington, DE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts