Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little orange light appeared on my dash a few days ago. At a very quick glance it was reminiscent of a low washer fluid warning light. So I filled up the washer fluid. Hmmm - still have that orange light. Turned to the manual. Car needs service - take it in immediately. So I did. Should only be a couple of hours. « Didn’t get to it today. Can you leave it overnight. » Phone call next morning - need to order a $700+ part to replace front grill. Part will come tomorrow. So here I am on day 3 waiting to hear that the part came and my car is ready. The grill is important. It closes to keep the cold air out (that explains the lower than normal range) and opens to allow cooling. Has anyone else had a problem like this? I was wondering if the installation of the new battery had anything to do with it.

· Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
14,440 Posts
A little orange light appeared on my dash a few days ago. At a very quick glance it was reminiscent of a low washer fluid warning light. So I filled up the washer fluid. Hmmm - still have that orange light. Turned to the manual. Car needs service - take it in immediately. So I did. Should only be a couple of hours. « Didn’t get to it today. Can you leave it overnight. » Phone call next morning - need to order a $700+ part to replace front grill. Part will come tomorrow. So here I am on day 3 waiting to hear that the part came and my car is ready. The grill is important. It closes to keep the cold air out (that explains the lower than normal range) and opens to allow cooling. Has anyone else had a problem like this? I was wondering if the installation of the new battery had anything to do with it.
Sounds like they told you the grille shutter motor failed.

This has nothing to do with the new battery installation. How old is the car? How many miles. This could still be under warranty.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like they told you the grille shutter motor failed.

This has nothing to do with the new battery installation. How old is the car? How many miles. This could still be under warranty.
It’s a 2017 with about 107,000 km

· Registered
14,440 Posts
It’s a 2017 with about 107,000 km
Yeah. If it falls under the powertrain warranty, it is to late. But if it is under the EV componentry warranty it would be. Might be worth asking the Concierge about that.

Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Warranty Coverage For vehicles sold in the United States, in addition to the Bumper-to-Bumper Coverage described previously, Chevrolet will warrant certain components for each electric and hybrid vehicles for 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the specific electric propulsion components of the vehicle.

· Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier w/ Sun n Sound
1,643 Posts
It could also be argued that if the TSB wasn't completed for the shutter-grille, such flapping/vibration could have caused premature motor failure.
That would be true if the TSB applied to that vehicle.

• Helpful
Reactions: GJETSON and LoneR

· Registered
2021 Black Bolt EV Premier
1,416 Posts
Keep in mind the pre 22’s do not have ANY form of telling you that your windshield fluid is low or empty. None. Nadda. Zip.

You will only find out when you need it and nothing comes out.

· Registered
14,440 Posts
Keep in mind the pre 22’s do not have ANY form of telling you that your windshield fluid is low or empty. None. Nadda. Zip.

You will only find out when you need it and nothing comes out.
If your rear washer stopped working, it was time to add fluid. It would have been nice if they had mentioned that in the manual.

· Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
5,483 Posts
Yeah. If it falls under the powertrain warranty, it is to late. But if it is under the EV componentry warranty it would be. Might be worth asking the Concierge about that.

Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Warranty Coverage For vehicles sold in the United States, in addition to the Bumper-to-Bumper Coverage described previously, Chevrolet will warrant certain components for each electric and hybrid vehicles for 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, against warrantable repairs to the specific electric propulsion components of the vehicle.
I took the "107,000km" as a tell that the owner is in Canada.

· Registered
2021 Black Bolt EV Premier
1,416 Posts
If your rear washer stopped working, it was time to add fluid. It would have been nice if they had mentioned that in the manual.
Would’ve been nicer if they added a sensor and a light like every other car out there as well. 😁

· Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier
1,288 Posts
Country-specific warranty is a thing, so it's definitely a good idea to check how far the coverage goes for a specific item. In another metric country where I live, the grille would not be considered an EV-specific part and would be covered by the 5 years / 100,000km warranty instead of the 8 years / 160,000km warranty for the stuff like motor and battery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts