Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tough call here...but it's true what they say, they're both competitors and addresses different needs of the clients.

Check out the video in the link below:

http://insideevs.com/gm-battles-tesla-chevrolet-bolt-ev-vs-tesla-model-3-video/

Thanks for the info.

They (the Bolt and model 3) are not exactly direct competitors as they both have some different capabilities so it would depend on each different customers particular needs and all customers needs will not be the same.

Not until something is built that can go anywhere without range anxiety anyway. The only thing that does that so far is the Volt, (which is not an EV exactly) at least until the battery/charging technology lets the EV drive from coast to coast with 10 minute charges and is as quick and convenient as an ICE in getting you anywhere and back.

Dave

·
Registered
862 Posts
Dave B said:
Not until something is built that can go anywhere without range anxiety anyway.
Range anxiety is a function of the driver, not the car. Some drivers insist they need at least 50% charge at all times - "just in case". Others I know have driven miles after remaining range reached 0. My wife once stopped to charge 2 miles from home because range dropped below 10 miles.
BTW, range anxiety can exist for ICE vehicles. In example, since it is unsafe for drivers to pump their own gas in Oregon, rural stations can keep sporadic hours or even days they are open. I've had to backtrack and detour 20+ miles to get gas when a station in the GPS was only open something like Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (and never after 5 PM)
Dave B said:
... until the battery/charging technology lets the EV drive from coast to coast with 10 minute charges...
When's the last time you drove 10 hours stopping only once for gas (and no other stops)? Why pay the monetary and weight price to have battery capacity you'll rarely/never use. Granted some drivers make regular cross country trips with very few stops, but certainly less than 1% of car owners. Do you really need 1000 miles worth of battery? 500?

·
Registered
639 Posts
DucRider makes a good point. Typically when I hear of people going on road trips, not often do they take their own car, for the fear of what could go wrong on something they actually own traveling out so far. Better to do that on a rental.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts