·
Banned
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Banned
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you mean - cords to the hatch pull it open, exactly like the stock fabric cover and like the Volt.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Is it easy to store someplace in the car when you don't want to use it? The nice thing about the factory one is it's easy to store out of the way.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is (necessarily) the same size/shape as the fabric cover, so it should be just as stashable.

Only real difference in design is that it hangs from the rear headrests (or the flanges, if you removed the headrests) instead of the hooks at the sides.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Actually, I asked Steve (The BoltShelf Guy) about how it mounted in the car and he replied...
The BoltShelf uses the factory posts on the hatch for the lifting strings at the rear. On the forward end has strings that hook around the rear seat headrest posts, or the bases for these if you don't use the headrests. I can also make it so the forward end is suspended from the side hooks like the OEM one, but the other way is far more Versatile.
Not sure, why it's more versatile from the headrests, but will ask him.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Actually, I asked Steve (The BoltShelf Guy) about how it mounted in the car and he replied...

Not sure, why it's more versatile from the headrests, but will ask him.
Probably because when you don't want to use it because something you put back there is too tall, you can detach the straps to the hatch and it will fall and stow vertically behind the seats. Also, if you detach the hatch straps and then fold the seats down, it can go flat on top of the seat backs and then you can load stuff on top of it. Just guesses as I don't have one of these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts