10,203 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sounds like it'll be light on options too, so I bet it is cheaper than $37.5k....not by much though.

16" tires too, along with other notes here: http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=1&divisionID=1&vehicleID=21412&daterange=12
From those notes, it actually looks to be $350 additional, so not cheaper.
Produced in Orion, MI and shipped to Knapheide Truck Equipment, Flint, MI. Returned to Orion, MI for shipping to final destination. (Dealer Invoice = $350.00). It is "A1" on 2LT with a footnote 1 that reads "Requires (K1T) Rear Seat Delete Package and a Fleet order type only."

Also note that it needs to be placed as a Fleet order.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Probably has to be a "fleet" order. To be a fleet the commercial operator has to buy at least x vehicles per year and/or have at least y vehicles in their fleet. ( x could be 5, y could be 15, or something like that).

No doubt some of these fleet order deliveries will leak over to joe-blow retail buyer. What about the $7,500 income tax credit...

Does this indicate that Sonic is being squeezed out of Orion assembly plant. Given Bolt was increased from 33% to 50% during the 2 week shutdown last August.

Doesn't do much for the Bolt EV "brand" value. Just like the Chevy HHR no-window service wagon pisscutter didn't do much for the HHR. GM probably doesn't mind if they're going to launch a Buick EV spinoff from Bolt anyway.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ohhhhh that looks spacious and they put in a lot of extra tie down spots too. Good if you only ever haul yourself and one other person around.
I can see amazon using these for grocery delivery but not for the usual online packages. Those things can get pretty large an may not fit into the two seater Bolt.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Ohhhhh that looks spacious and they put in a lot of extra tie down spots too. Good if you only ever haul yourself and one other person around.
I can see amazon using these for grocery delivery but not for the usual online packages. Those things can get pretty large an may not fit into the two seater Bolt.
Interesting if you try to build a Bolt on the Fleet site it shows back seats. The caption of @bro1999 picture is:

Shown with equipment from Knapheide Manufacturing Company and is not covered by
the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty. GM is not responsible for the independent
supplier alterations.

·
Registered
612 Posts
55 Chevy station wagon had a rear bench that in some magic way folded to make a floor like that, flat right up to the back of the front seats. If Bolt could do that I'd buy one tomorrow morning.

Or even like the old Wagoneers. The folded rear bench simply lifted out when you didn't want it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm curious what the 16" wheels will do to range. Usually smaller wheels = better efficiency, right?
I believe so - Tesla offer's smaller wheels on the S & X - and in all cases the smaller wheels get greater range - in the case of my Model X by as much as 15% better range…

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.