Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
421 - 429 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
I had seats on my Mini and Volvo C30 modified by a local shop, and have been very pleased with the results. I like to get some real bolsters on the seat-back, for better control during fun driving.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I didn't want to make a new thread, but with less than 24hr of ownership I shimmed the front of the drivers seat about 1/2" it made a huge difference and was something that I could do in 10 mins.
Eventually I'll replace the seats or visit a shop to make them better but definitely one of the worst factory seats I've been in.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I didn't want to make a new thread, but with less than 24hr of ownership I shimmed the front of the drivers seat about 1/2" it made a huge difference and was something that I could do in 10 mins.
Eventually I'll replace the seats or visit a shop to make them better but definitely one of the worst factory seats I've been in.
I'm sure it is in this thread (which is long) and in other places around, but it is pretty simple to add some padding to the bottom of the seats...
You can buy padding, but a lot of people were just using gardening knee pads.
You just have to disconnect the seat covering clips in the back so you can get access and slide them in.
Not super simple (you have the clips to unclip (pretty simple) and reclick (a bit tougher) and then slide the pads in at the bottom (not difficult, but wear gloves as there are springs and such that can scratch)...
Note: If you go with the garden knee pad, you can buy one larger square one, but if you have heated seats on the Bolt, you'll need to cut the pad in half to get past the wire for the heated seats...
I never had any real issues with the seats (I have a 120 mile round trip commute), but when I saw the procedure, it looked fairly simple, so I did it... Went smooth, except for some scratches on the back of my hands. Hence, gloves. ;-)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I must have trained my backside for discomfort by owning an Audi the last 6 years.

I actually find the Bolt seats pretty comfy and I'm driving 140 miles every day in mine.

I am 6ft4 and 233Lbs, ex Rugby player and my usual weight then was 270 lbs so I have slimmed down a bit.

I note that beaded car seat covers are pretty awesome for big folks doing long distances and really, you are limited to a realistic 220 miles range before getting out and having it charged again...anyways.

There does seem to be a comfort difference between the LT and Premier models seats though.

Here is an interesting blog on the Bolt EV...

http://sequrux.com/sequrux/Blog/Entries/2017/1/19_Electric_Dreams_in_Summit_White.html
Apologist!

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,090 Posts
What do you mean by 'shimmed'?
At first I thought this was stacking washers under the mounting bolts, but that would only change the tilt of the bottom.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,090 Posts
421 - 429 of 429 Posts