Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, excited to finally get off the bench and post in the forum after weeks of browsing and learning all about the Bolt. After a few months of patiently working on the dealers in my area I was able to work a deal that made an EV make sense financially vs. just environmentally.

Picked up a blue LT three weeks ago (We call it The Glider:D)and headed out for our first road trip last weekend. Corona to the in laws in Moorepark. Just over 214 miles round trip.

Original plan was to make the trip with no charge unless it was needed but range anxiety got the better of us and we stopped at a wall mart in simi for our first plug in outside of the garage at home. After 20 min on hold with EvGo we were charging while enjoying a latte at the Starbucks across the parking lot.

We gained about 70 miles of range and hit the road home, pulled into the garage with 69 miles to spare!

I drove with traffic the entire way, like I was in an ICE car and loved every mile!

Now too see how many days I can commute to work and back on a single charge.

Anyway, thanks for reading and keep your Glider engaged!

Charge on!

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's what I plan to do. I guess as someone coming from a Volt I got into the habit of plugging in the car whenever I park it in my garage(Everytime I come home). I did it by necessity with the Volt and I'll do it so I don't get caught out in the Bolt with less charge than I need in case something unforseen comes up and I need to drive far. It is just a good habit to get into when you own an EV. There is nothing detrimental in keeping the battery topped up all the time so if the plug is right there why not use it?

Do your experiment though. It's interesting to know how many times you could make the trip if you had too!

Congrats and keep gliding!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts