Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak may be making the switch from a Tesla to a Chevy Bolt and he said so publically on his Facebook page.

Woz originally bought a Mercedes instead of an electric vehicle as he wanted a family car, something that won’t baffle his wife if it ever broke down. When he did decided to buy Tesla Model S in 2013, Elon Musk made a pretty big deal out of it. Since then, Woz has praised Tesla for pushing them electric car envelope and has even written about his experience in the Model S.

So this switch from Tesla to Chevy may be surprising to some. When questioned on Facebook about his decision to switch, Woz said:

“It gets down to my product ideas of balance and getting the most from the least. Try to make things simple and affordable but very adequate. This car hits my sweet spot but I won't give it an A+ until I have one and drive it a while.”

He also compares the Bolt EV interior and user interface to the upcoming Tesla Model 3:

“After seeing the insides and the UI, Tesla will have a difficult time selling me a Model 3. A lot of things wrong with the Tesla model S are done correctly (my opinion) in this car.”
When asked if he would replace the Tesla with the Bolt or have both in his garage, Woz may have sealed the deal for some people who were on the fence:

“Knowing myself, it may replace the Tesla. A lot of complaints about the Tesla that my wife and I have are solved in this car. It’s not just some name where you have to take a side. The user conveniences are well thought out and the functionality is great. I tell everyone that the most valuable, useful car of my life was the Prius that I drove for 10 years. I don’t need top-of-the-line luxury. We have a Tesla but there is no other EV choice that’s good for road trips.”
The jury is still out as Woz will have to take into the lack of supercharger access into account.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
What kind of complaints did he have about the Tesla? Thought the guy loved his Tesla. But, if he does switch over then that would be a sort of validation that the Chevy Bolt has a better operating system. I assume Woz would know his vehicle operating systems more than the average person.

·
Registered
730 Posts
going for the Bolt was not very silicon valley of Woz unless he got paid out by Chevy which would be believable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts