Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does my driving affect the trend bar? I swear I can be driving the same route to or from work and at times the bar goes down/yellow, or it may go up/green. I assume "green" is good but can't figure out exactly what affects it. Generally, the only way I can make the yellow bar go away is coming to a complete stop. I guess I'm still stuck on the efficiency bar from my previous Honda Civic Hybrid where the rating was directly affected by my acceleration/deceleration. That is certainly not the case in my Bolt.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Basically: the harder and longer you press on the accelerator pedal, the further down into the yellow the trend bar will go.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you drive such that the trend bars never go up or down, you will achieve the the estimated miles presented in the middle of the trend bar. If you drive with the trend bar constantly above, you will do better, if you drive with the trend bars constantly below, you will do worse.

It also adjusts the estimate as you drive. If you drive with trend bars extending above the middle estimate, that estimate will drop less per distance travelled, then if you drive with the trend bars extending below the middle estimate. If you drive such that no trend bars appear, the middle estimate will drop at the same rate as distance travelled.

Using climate control, accelerating, decelerating, driving fast or slow, up or down hill, with or without a headwind or tailwind, in hot or cold weather, etc. all effect the trend bar calculation.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I've found that green means you're doing better than your previous average, and yellow means you're doing worse than your previous average…

green means you're gaining range - yellow means you're losing range…

1 - 4 of 4 Posts