Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm close to getting a bolt, and am going back and forth on colors: kinetic blue vs cajun red. I'm also having trouble deciding between interiors of dark galvanized gray vs dark galvanized / sky cool. Obviously a highly subjective choice, but I'm curious to hear from owners of either colors /interiors as far as how the appeal of your bolt's color has held up over time. Are you still happy with it? Does it show dirt more/less than you thought it would, etc etc?

The hard part of choosing the Bolt is over, now the "harder" part of picking colors is here. :)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I would advise you to see each of the colors that interest you in person.

I've gotten a lot of complements on the red. I'd say it's better with dirt than my last car- a 2014 dark grey Volt.

FWIW- Blue was my second choice and I would have gone with it if I wasn't able to find the Bolt with the options I wanted in red.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
... I'm also having trouble deciding between interiors of dark galvanized gray vs dark galvanized / sky cool.
The most important thing about the interior colour is to get one with the darkest dashboard top. There have been several complaints about distracting reflections on the windscreen from Bolts with the lighter-coloured dashboards.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I'm always more fond of the Cajun Red with the darker interior color like others have mentioned. But.. seriously check it out in person first just to ensure that you get what you want.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
272 Posts
I hear you, ordering my Bolt with nothing to look at was tough! Thankfully I was very happy with my choice after seeing it in person for the first time. Since I've had mine I've seen a couple Bolts in Cajun red and I do like it, but I find the color tends to look a little flat, kinda more red wine colored than candy apple.

With the body lines I think the Kinetic Blue really looks great, more so than on other GM cars like the Volt or Cruze. Certain paints just seem to suite certain cars, and on this one I think this Blue really pops. Can't go wrong with either choice though.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Color was a hard choice! I went with the cajun red, love the color. The interior is dark galvanized grey, but it does have lighter trim on the dashboard.
I tend to go the easy way out and see what the marketing team has been putting out everywhere. Much easier to make a decision when the professionals already proofed it for us ;) After all it takes many departments in the R&D team to finally get something out to us.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I decided on white for mine. I wanted a color that I haven't owned before. I've owned blues, a few grey/silvers, and a couple reds so far. Never owned a black or white vehicle before. I like how the black looks on the Bolt but it would be hard for me to keep clean, so I went with white instead. I'm anxious to see what mine looks like, and to take lots and lots of pictures of it too.

I think if someone asked me for a recommendation on vehicle color I'd tell them to try something different and get a color that they hadn't owned before.

Reactions: Eddie Yasi

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the decision was made, and I went with Kinetic Blue! Fully loaded premier.

Unfortunately it was a rainy afternoon today, but I took some pictures of the three along with the interiors. (The red and orange had the all-black seats, the Kinetic Blue has the interior w/lighter strips of color along the edges of the seat....

Pics on Google Photos, but I have too few posts on the forums here to add links or images yet. If you take https:// and add photos.app.goo.gl then add /HhWOVbCvP7hw055e2 you should be able to see them. Once I have 5 posts I'll add a reply with the full link.

Picking it up tomorrow, and charging station installation on Thursday. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I decided on white for mine. I wanted a color that I haven't owned before. I've owned blues, a few grey/silvers, and a couple reds so far. Never owned a black or white vehicle before. I like how the black looks on the Bolt but it would be hard for me to keep clean, so I went with white instead. I'm anxious to see what mine looks like, and to take lots and lots of pictures of it too.

I think if someone asked me for a recommendation on vehicle color I'd tell them to try something different and get a color that they hadn't owned before.
I like varying things too. I've owned a white car before, and one of the best things is how much it does NOT show dirt/grime. That was rather counter-intuitive for me at first, I thought white would really show it, but of all the colors I've owned that car (a white Volvo C70 hard-top convertible) really hid the dirt well.

My very first car back in 1987 was a light blue (Subaru hatchback), but after that I've never had a blue car again. Kinetic Blue is darker, but much more rich/vibrant than that Subaru. (Scary to think that was 30 years ago!!)

I just saw your other post that your car is shipping, so here's hoping you'll be taking your photos SOON.

UPDATE: Hit 5 posts, so now I can just post the actual link

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Can't see the photos either. But congratulations on making the choice :) Plan on waxing it and protecting the paint at all?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like varying things too. I've owned a white car before, and one of the best things is how much it does NOT show dirt/grime. That was rather counter-intuitive for me at first, I thought white would really show it, but of all the colors I've owned that car (a white Volvo C70 hard-top convertible) really hid the dirt well.

My very first car back in 1987 was a light blue (Subaru hatchback), but after that I've never had a blue car again. Kinetic Blue is darker, but much more rich/vibrant than that Subaru. (Scary to think that was 30 years ago!!)

I just saw your other post that your car is shipping, so here's hoping you'll be taking your photos SOON.

UPDATE: Hit 5 posts, so now I can just post the actual link
Very similar on my end. Never owned a car in red (or Blue) - always in the black or grey spectrum for me. The wife said Red or no dice - and well you know how that went :)

Reactions: Eddie Yasi

·
Registered
735 Posts
Probably the best thing to do on a white car for anyone that gets snow is to clear wrap lower portions of the body since that will make clean up much easier. It takes a lot of elbow grease and some good car soap to get it off. Not even those touchless washes would get it 100% clean.... cloth test will tell you that ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
:)My wife and I have had a bunch of cars. My favorite two colors are metallic red and silver, but I've had plenty of other colors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked Mosaic Black, never had a black car. It looks great and because we have covered parking at work and garage at home it's an okay choice for Phoenix.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts