Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know how awesome the Bolt is (well, us lucky owners anyways), but this is a thread to point out anything that is not completely awesome. Could be seemingly silly things like "there aren't enough cup holders", or "the turn signal clicks are too loud" to more serious issues. Post them all here! We all have different tolerances and preferences, but odds are they may be someone out there that has the exact same views.

Oh, and let's leave out the front seat critiques.....I think we've covered that to death in other threads. :eek:

- incandescent interior cabin lights. Such a tech-heavy car but it has ancient incandescents?? Come on.
- front cup holders are pretty narrow (narrower than my Volts)
- Android Auto does not display across entire 10.2" center display (send feedback to Google!)
- sun visors don't extend like in my Volts
- no vanity mirror lights
- no wireless Android Auto connection capability

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is very minor, but you can see a painted area of the door from inside the vehicle.

The Kinetic Blue is pretty reflective so my eyes keep getting drawn to it while driving because lane divider markings can be seen streaming by.

I'm sure I'll get used to it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
What color is your dash board. Looks like it might be the ash gray. That causes unacceptable reflections in the windshield. I had to throw on a black paper poster board material on to the dash. More than a nitpick.

"Today I took my Bolt for a drive in the late morning on a curved road with the sun shinning down. The reflections off the flat dash board up into the sloped window which reflected directly into the driver’s eyes was extreme. I would say hazardous. The interior trim on my Bolt is Light Ash Gray, Ceramic White, and Perforated Leather. The dash board is Light Ash Gray and that reflects significant light. I have attached a photo showing the color scheme. Almost every car I looked at in Berkeley today uses a much dark, less shiny surface for the dashboard, for obvious reasons.
What was Chevy thinking? This is beyond disappointing. If you are ordering one, there must be a better color scheme. I would not have bought this if I had been aware of this issue."

·
Registered
730 Posts
a quick fix for that painted area is to buy yourself an $8 can of plasti dip and just paint it over. Easy and effective. Shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
185 Posts
wow, already got a few ? haha

- always some kinda rattle, plasticky sound
- when you wear polarized sunglasses, the center console screen is hard to read with shadows

·
Registered
498 Posts
wow, already got a few ? haha

- always some kinda rattle, plasticky sound
- when you wear polarized sunglasses, the center console screen is hard to read with shadows
If you put anything in the door pockets, since they are plastic it may cause a rattle.

I tested the polaroid sunglasses. The center console screen is not polarized, but it is harder to read, if you have polarized sunglasses on.

Here is one. Last night I removed the charger, and started up. The charger port was still open, so a warning came on. I closed, opened, closed it several times, the warning continued. So I drove down to get the burritos, opened and closed it for good measure and when I restarted the warning had cleared. When my computer or iPhone screw up, powering them down is always an option. Probably not a choice on the Bolt.

·
Registered
498 Posts
This is very minor, but you can see a painted area of the door from inside the vehicle.

The Kinetic Blue is pretty reflective so my eyes keep getting drawn to it while driving because lane divider markings can be seen streaming by.

I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Which interior trim package do you have. Hopefully not the Ceramic White, Ash Gray. It is a terrible choice, because of windshield reflections.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd like to see more selections for the little boxes in the Home screen. The Phone box constantly shows the number of the last client I called, the Charging box shows tomorrow's departure time, etc.

I'd like to see a Favorites box for the phone to allow one button phone calls. Maybe a Battery Charge box to show percent of charge, average burn rate, lifetime miles/kwh, etc.

·
Registered
94 Posts
On star is giving me problems. Got in car this morning and it said my destination is 2 miles away. Can't figure out how to turn off. Called to cancel and keep basic. After they unplug me the my Chevy app does not work. Called back and they said I have to re hook up and cancel the bells and whistles and go basic after the free 3 months are done. Is everyone keeping onstar?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The blue interior accent light around the dash trim - would be nice to be able to change that color, or have it cycle like the Mini Cooper.

If you're playing a Bluetooth music source when you power off the car, it should continue that music source when you power back on later. Now it just reverts back to either radio or Sirius depending on which one you listened to last.

Low speed camera feature - seems to not work while in D, only when I'm in L. I'm creeping along at 2-3MPH, and I press the Camera button, but get a warning that it's not allowed while driving. If I'm in L, the camera comes on.

It's been raining quite a bit in SoCal, and the stock wipers are pretty terrible. Need to replace with some higher quality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As someone who prefers not to purchase leather, there isn't a choice to avoid it if I want to add additional safety features / packages (leather steering wheel, seats for Premium).

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As someone who prefers not to purchase leather, there isn't a choice to avoid it if I want to add additional safety features / packages (leather steering wheel, seats for Premium).
Nope, if you want leather, you get the Premier.

I believe you can at least get the heated steering wheel in a LT though.

1 - 20 of 305 Posts