Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

301 - 305 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not sure if it was covered already, but when playing audio from a usb drive, I'd like to see album art above the artist / title of the track that's playing.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
OK. I have a glitch that has shown up before. I rotate the tires, the relearn fails part way through, and the DIC check mark will not clear the fault so I can relearn the system. This is the third time this has happened. Each time, after it happens, I take it into the shop for them to check it, and it clears and relearns just fine. After the first time, I thought the problem was caused by the OBD II reader, so now I take it out before relearning. I use my relearn tool periodically, just to make sure it works, and when I don't need it to, it works just fine.

Today when it failed again, I held the check mark down for probably 30 seconds, hoping it would clear the fault, and ask if I wanted to relearn the system. The car-with-exclamation mark came on. The car would only shift between Neutral, and Park. It would not go into any actual gears. I shut it off and walked away for a minute. Came back and all works again...but TPMS error is still there. The app shows all tire pressures as a dash, and says Low Tire.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
This morning I tried again to clear the TPMS message, so I could attempt the relearn procedure. I tried a long press of the check mark button, as the message at the bottom of the screen says. No good. I tried a quick press of the button....no go. I drove to the dealer, and arrived several minutes after they opened the doors. I asked for someone to come out and document the problem. A minute later a nice young guy came out, and I went through the procedure for him to show that it was broken, and didn't work. He reached in and gave the check mark button a short press, and the error cleared!

Apparently, the button requires a very specific type of press to work correctly?! Clearly, cars have become too complex to continue with human intervention. I surrender to our robot overlords. :mad:

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Apparently, the button requires a very specific type of press to work correctly?! Clearly, cars have become too complex to continue with human intervention. I surrender to our robot overlords.
In my former life when I was part of the workforce, we had upgraded an old analog relay control logic to a computer controlled system (PLC). We found the older operators had the most difficulty in pressing the buttons so the system wouldn't glitch. We literally had training sessions on how to press the buttons. Too quick and the system might not catch it due to its scan speed. Too long, and the system would get into a control loop that was unnerving when the system would start clicking and flashing.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Yes. Ever problem, solved by increasing complexity, creates two more problems. Our evolutionary drive for more offspring, and more stuff, always requires greater complexity. Soon only AI will be able to deal with it. At that point we are history. My suspicion is that we will be history before AI happens.

301 - 305 of 305 Posts