Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

Which color are you getting?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that a configurator is live and we see all the official options available to us for 2017, out of the 7 colors which one are you getting? Anyone who still needs to see pictures of these colors can follow this link. Don't forget to add your color to the poll above.

2017 Bolt EV Colors:

• Arctic Blue Metallic
  • Mosaic Black Metallic
  • Nightfall Gray Metallic
  • Summit White
  • Cajun Red Tintcoat
  • Kinetic Blue Metallic
  • Orange Burst Metallic
  • Silver Ice Metallic

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven't made my mind up yet! Nightfall Gray Metallic or Orange Burst Metallic. I'm leaning towards the grey. I'm in Maryland though so I've still got some time before I can get one here. I'm hoping we will get them by the Spring since Maryland has adopted California emissions standards. If not, I'll consider buying one from the west coast then. In the meantime I'm looking forward to see the car in person at the DC auto show.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't mind the Kinetic Blue, but I think for a car I'd be driving for years I prefer the Cajun red. The black being offered is the worst shade of it I've seen in years - it almost looks flat. Nissan's SuperBlack is vastly better. Or maybe it's a trick of the body shape and the grille color, but the black just looks bad on this car.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
For some reason, the Bolt EV build page is not longer there. Guess it was released prematurely and Chevy didn't mean to do it?

I can't decide on the color, Cajun Red Tintcoat looks nice and dark but white is classic and Nightfall Gray Metallic would looks good also. Hard choice to make.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
For some reason, the Bolt EV build page is not longer there. Guess it was released prematurely and Chevy didn't mean to do it?

I can't decide on the color, Cajun Red Tintcoat looks nice and dark but white is classic and Nightfall Gray Metallic would looks good also. Hard choice to make.
Hmm...seems to be broken for the time being. Weird. Just use the Cars.com builder instead. :p

I voted Arctic Blue. Only color the wife would approve. :eek:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's back up again, don't know what that error could have been. Being the weekend maybe they were doing website updates.

As of 12:52PM EST:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Summit White is where I'll be placing my dollars. Try to have a little panda setup going on lol. Maybe start getting creative with some vinyl and do a black roof as well.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Summit White is where I'll be placing my dollars. Try to have a little panda setup going on lol. Maybe start getting creative with some vinyl and do a black roof as well.
Summit and Arctic are in the lead so far on this poll and I can see that holding true even with the more votes this poll gets, although right now you can't say for sure, but my assumption comes from what I know about the overall trend with color selection in the automotive industry.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Now that a configurator is live and we see all the official options available to us for 2017, out of the 7 colors which one are you getting? Anyone who still needs to see pictures of these colors can follow this link. Don't forget to add your color to the poll above.

2017 Bolt EV Colors:

• Arctic Blue Metallic
  • Mosaic Black Metallic
  • Nightfall Gray Metallic
  • Summit White
  • Cajun Red Tintcoat
  • Kinetic Blue Metallic
  • Orange Burst Metallic
Why isn't Silver Ice Metallic one of the poll choices?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why isn't Silver Ice Metallic one of the poll choices?
Don't know how I missed that twice (poll and body of post), going to ask the admin to edit my post.

On that note, along with Summit and Arctic that should be one of the common colors. Starting to think it'll be one of the fleet colors.

·
Super Moderator
2,557 Posts
I haven't made up my mind yet. I will see the colors in person in the daylight first. All these colors are available on other GM cars, so you don't have to wait until a dealer gets a Bolt in all the colors.

The only contenders for me are- Cajun Red, Kinetic Blue and Burst Orange. The rest are rental car colors.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I haven't made up my mind yet. I will see the colors in person in the daylight first. All these colors are available on other GM cars, so you don't have to wait until a dealer gets a Bolt in all the colors.

The only contenders for me are- Cajun Red, Kinetic Blue and Burst Orange. The rest are rental car colors.
I'm with you on that one as well, same goes the interior since just like paint, pictures don't expose them that well.

What we should start to do now is look at what other vehicles have the same colors and look for those before Bolts come in.

Also some dealers might have paint pallets before the Bolts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think in some places insurance is more if you choose red lol

Wife would not let me consider red

I went with Silver after seeing the color looks good

·
Banned
350 Posts
I hate black cars in general, as they only look clean once in their life.
However, there is so much oddly-shaped black plastic showing on the Bolt that I ordered Black just to make the car look less fussy and more integrated.

·
Super Moderator
2,557 Posts
I hear that the artic blue though is "not great" in person does anyone have any comments?
It looks just like it looks in the pictures. It's silver with a blue tint. It's a very safe, conservative choice. Whether it is great or not, depends on the beholder. You'll have to see it for yourself and decide how you feel about it. It's winning the poll here, so clearly it has fans.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have Arctic Blue. I went to dealership early December and that's the one he had ordered saying it might come in in 2016 so I took it. It looks nice but would not have been my choice. Sucks to want it now. Gray or blue would have been my choice. The black looks great!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pick a nice safe color like silver and get the car body wrapped with a unique color. After 3 to 5 years you can remove the wrap when you get tired and want a subdued color.

solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_EU/3MGraphics/GraphicSolutions/Applications/CarWrapping/

autosupershield.com/unique-finishes.php

1 - 20 of 30 Posts