Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Chevy could/should have followed the seat formula from the 2007 Nissan Versa.
The seats were big and comfortable.
Made the car feel inviting and could do long road-trips in comfort, even in a small car.

The seats were so wide, there was no center console and the manual seat adjust levers were in the inboard (right) side of the seat since they were so nice and fat, the bottoms were too close to the door for the levers.

And since Bolt kinda an electric Versa hatch (2007-2010), would have been nice....
Oh well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tesla model 3 seats should fit, just swap them in. Same bolt pattern. You can put a resistor in the airbag connector, possibly there’s a way to swap it in

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am 6'-2", weigh 315 lbs. and am 20" wide at the hips. I have two fused vertebrae and am 75 years old. The seats in my ‘18 Bolt were/are an issue for me. They are too narrow and not padded enough. I discovered this on my first trip over 15 mi. I was literally sitting on the frame of the seat. 😢 After adding a 1-1/2" thick Garden Kneeling Pad (as documented in several videos on the web) between the seat's original padding and it's springs I can now live with it though the back is still too narrow.

Before this modification I was able to get in and out with ease. Now that I have added the 1-1/2” pad my head rubs extensively on the roof when I do so.This is literally a pain in my neck, shoulders, upper back and head. Many times I worry about injuring myself.
Why did you buy the Bolt, you are toooo big for this car. My 2020 seats are fine.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Why did you buy the Bolt, you are toooo big for this car. My 2020 seats are fine.
I believe 'IAmABoltNut' user name says it all. LOL

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Tesla model 3 seats should fit, just swap them in. Same bolt pattern. You can put a resistor in the airbag connector, possibly there’s a way to swap it in
Has anyone done this? Have a video? I heard those seats are fantastic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am 6’2” 230lbs and have never had a problem with the seats. I have a Premiere, however, and those seats look more comfy than the ones that aren’t leather.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It fascinates me to read all the comments on the seats because it makes me realize how different we all are and in turn how hard it must be to design a seat that accommodates everyone. For example I've seen threads about how to bend the headrest posts because the headrests sit too far forward - but I don't think my head has ever touched the headrest except when I recline the seat to take a snooze.
That's it. I'm 6'3" tall and just under 300 lbs. Bad knee, bad shoulders, so far I've had no complaints about the seats. I've sat in the driver's seat for 2 or 3 hours before. The seat's not uncomfortable to sit in, but I can get stiff/sore and feel that when I get out till the joints loosen up.

We're looking at some charging station locations west and south of us to try to plan some "rides through the country." We like to spend a day now and then just driving through the country and enjoying the views

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
6’2” 230lbs your slim right? More like a runners body. I'm more constriction worker sized. Average height 5' 11 and stocky. Anyway how long do you sit in that seat? I drive about 50 minutes and for the first 30 notice nothing. The last 20 I squirm constantly trying to get comfortable. Even the headrest is like a brick that beats you when you go overa bump. These seats are torture devices to me. Body build makes a differnce.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV
9 Posts
6’2” 230lbs your slim right? More like a runners body. I'm more constriction worker sized. Average height 5' 11 and stocky. Anyway how long do you sit in that seat? I drive about 50 minutes and for the first 30 notice nothing. The last 20 I squirm constantly trying to get comfortable. Even the headeest is like a brick that beats you when you go overa bump. These seats are torture devices to me. Body build makes a differnce.
I'm 6'4" and just shy of 400 lbs. The seats in my EUV were fine for an 8 hour trip; I only got out of the car to plug it in or unplug it while charging, once to go into the Walmart store where the charger was located to use the restroom (failed - it was out of order!) and then at a gas station (where the restroom was working just fine!). I didn't feel any worse, and possibly a little better, than I would have had we taken my wife's Escape Hybrid; it was more comfortable, although considerably less roomy, than the F250 I traded in on the Bolt (20 years of wear on the suspension and driver's seat of the F250 had quite a bit to do with that, though). My only real complaint was that the console interfered with my right leg.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The seats changed a lot in 2022. I am not sure how they are feel since there are no cars to drive at the moment. The 2021 seats in my LT are just junk. Several car reviewers have said as much, so I am not some lone wolf howling. >>rdmaysjr console interfered with my right leg << Yeah that does bothers me as well but not enough to complain. The pain and stiffness I get from the side bolsters and bottom left side of the cushion digging into my thigh after a while make me nuts. I have been spoiled and sat in an ID.4 1st addition. NOW that's a comfortable seat. WOW.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,965 Posts
The seats changed a lot in 2022. I am not sure how they are feel since there are no cars to drive at the moment. The 2021 seats in my LT are just junk. Several car reviewers have said as much, so I am not some lone wolf howling. >>rdmaysjr console interfered with my right leg << Yeah that does bothers me as well but not enough to complain. The pain and stiffness I get from the side bolsters and bottom left side of the cushion digging into my thigh after a while make me nuts. I have been spoiled and sat in an ID.4 1st addition. NOW that's a comfortable seat. WOW.
I've heard great things about the ID.4 seats as well, although I haven't sat in them myself. Personally, I would describe the Bolt seats as "fine." I wouldn't call them luxurious. I've had other adults of various shapes and sizes as both drivers and passengers. As drivers, the center console sometimes presses against the right leg - it depends on how much they spread their legs apart when they sit. As passengers, some actually prefer the back seats. Several have commented that they were surprised / impressed at the amount of rear seat legroom and the visibility in front.

It looks like a subcompact on the outside, but doesn't feel like a subcompact on the inside.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt
158 Posts
Yeah I agree. The ID4 seats might be that car’s best asset! Did you try the massage feature?

·
Premium Member
2020 Tesla 3P-, 2021 Bolt LT
26 Posts
Has anyone done this? Have a video? I heard those seats are fantastic.
Seat experiences are, by nature, soooo subjective. To me, my model 3's seats are okay, and her Bolt's seats are tolerable, but judging each is down to the person who's sitting. Expecting universally "comfortable" seats is madness, given the number of dimensions involved, and then add in the effects of driving styles. I'd go mad (der) if someone put Bolt seats in my car, but in the Bolt, I'm not so concerned, given the short trips and novelty/expectations. If I could improve the M3's seats it'd be more toward recaro buckets, with air ventilation. She'd like a wider design with less plastic pokey things.

Race car drivers wouldn't put up with it. Aircraft pilots long ago learned the advantages of comfort for their performance. Why don't car mfgs offer custom seats? Aren't most of us the primary drivers of our cars? It shouldn't be so frigging difficult that forum threads balloon over what isn't right about where our butts go.

Note to those who feel their ride is too harsh: lean forward slightly, away from the seat. Use your core to stabilize. Pretend there's no seat back, like on a motorcycle. Attaching your torso to the seat-back is the best way to feel the hurt.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
ID.4 first addition seats I drove were amazing. My wife said they were the best seats of any car she as been in. I did not get to try the massage function. Maybe if I drive the AWD version I will try massage. The 300 horses of the AWD, Free EV America for 3 years and constant infotainment improvement makes me think they have a winner.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts