Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried removing the three dummy switches/blanks to the right of the hazard switch? I want to retrofit my garage door opener to one of them but can't figure out how to get them out. I managed to pop the blank cover off one of them, breaking tiny plastic tabs in the process; had to use hot glue to get it to go back on! Ugh. Waiting to remove the full assembly to see what's behind it and how it's constructed. Any ideas out there??

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have an LT (with that useless deep well in the console). I was trying to figure out where to keep my garage door opener as well. But I came up with a simple solution. I took some velcro tape and put it on the back of the opener and under the left side of the center console (basically behind/beneath the hazard button). I stuck my opener up under there.

So when I pull up to my garage, I just reach under and the button is facing down under the left corner of the center console/display. You can't see it from the front or back seats. You can only see it if you look up under the console.

Anyway, simple solution to stupid problem. They should have just given us programmable buttons like my wife's Accord.. ah well.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Has anyone tried removing the three dummy switches/blanks to the right of the hazard switch? (...) Any ideas out there??
I too I'm interested in how to access theses switches.

(...)I was trying to figure out where to keep my garage door opener as well. But I came up with a simple solution. I took some velcro tape and put it on the back of the opener and under the left side of the center console (basically behind/beneath the hazard button). I stuck my opener up under there.

So when I pull up to my garage, I just reach under and the button is facing down under the left corner of the center console/display. You can't see it from the front or back seats. You can only see it if you look up under the console.(...)
Me too, like this: http://www.chevybolt.org/forum/129-safety-features-technology/10842-hidden-garage-door-opener-mount.html

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone tried removing the three dummy switches/blanks to the right of the hazard switch? I want to retrofit my garage door opener to one of them but can't figure out how to get them out. I managed to pop the blank cover off one of them, breaking tiny plastic tabs in the process; had to use hot glue to get it to go back on! Ugh. Waiting to remove the full assembly to see what's behind it and how it's constructed. Any ideas out there??
It could be a little more expensive, but imo better soluition to the home link problem. I have used a similar device for years and it worked well untill somone lost all remotes :(
http://www.northshorecommercialdoor.com/emxlrlorare.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwgvfOBRB7EiwAeP7ehmpX92KXuIVuyIh_RyWJNm_mtlX6T6YxISimXe4x8B5iKBXzALJrSxoCJ7MQAvD_BwE

This way remote is always on your keychain so if you leave the car outside for whatever reason nobody is able to gain access tot he garage by opening or braking the window and pushing the remote button.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gave up on trying to retrofit these dummy buttons -- couldn't figure out how to easily remove and access from behind. I moved on to Plan B for my garage door opener here: Garage door remote workaround

1 - 7 of 7 Posts