Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, what do you know... I just found out that the center armrest can slide forward. :rolleyes:
It can't be opened when it's slid forward, but it does make for a much more comfortable armrest while driving.
(y):D:cool:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't get it to not slide forward. I obscures the phone slot. Yeah, first world problem!
Mine is actually very difficult to slide. Which is probably why I did not discover it accidentally, but had to find out via reddit. I was thinking "I guess it doesn't work in the 2020s..." when it budged.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Actually it’s not a console. The console is where the screen is. That is called a center armrest.

Reactions: ZoomZoom

·
Registered
723 Posts
Regardless of your improper terms....it is still called an ARMREST. Period.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You seem very upset. I think I always used the correct term in my post, please check. But I'll edit the thread title. I don't want to stress you out.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Not
You seem very upset. I think I always used the correct term in my post, please check. But I'll edit the thread title. I don't want to stress you out.
Not at all. I just want people to use the correct grammar and proper terms.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It can be opened by reaching under the lid and operating the latch mechanism. Not terribly convenient, but doable.
Wait, it can be opened while it is forward? What latch mechanism exactly? If I reach under the front and pull up on the latch, it doesn't open.

Mike

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Wait, it can be opened while it is forward? What latch mechanism exactly? If I reach under the front and pull up on the latch, it doesn't open.

Mike
Pulling up on the latch will do nothing, as it is now four inches ahead of the mechanism it normally pushes on. With the armrest down, and slid forward, you basically stick your finger back into the bowls of the mechanism.

The easiest way to understand what you are looking for is to open the lid straight up. Then pull up on the padded part to telescope it. You won't need to push on the latch, just pull on the padded portion. Once it telescopes, you can see the little mechanism.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts