Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For our European friends...

The Bolt and a companion model for GM's Opel subsidiary in Europe will be assembled at GM's plant in Orion Township, the sources said. The factory now makes the Chevrolet Sonic and Buick Verano and has been operating at well below capacity as small-car sales have suffered from falling gasoline prices.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here's a rendering of the Opel Bolt EV. I much prefer the Opel's front end. I suppose one could always order the parts and spend a few grand to swap front ends.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a rendering of the Opel Bolt EV. I much prefer the Opel's front end. I suppose one could always order the parts and spend a few grand to swap front ends.
I don't know if thats legally possible, the two front bumpers will be manufactured to meet different safety standards. Internally GM may not allow it...But I do agree that the Opel looks much cleaner

·
Registered
428 Posts
The Opel front end is more traditional than the Chevy front end. I kinda like the Chevy front end though. I think that the grille outline on the Chevy is a cool new idea. I think it is more forward thinking which kinda matches the idea of the Bolt as an EV.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's been reported that the Bolt won't be available with right-hand drive in the UK. At least according to gas2.org.
Not sure if this will affect Chevy's sales numbers but if only 30,000 Chevy Bolts are produced each year I can't see a lot of units leftover to be sold in the UK after America has had a chance to get it first.

·
Registered
639 Posts
It's been reported that the Bolt won't be available with right-hand drive in the UK. At least according to gas2.org.
Not sure if this will affect Chevy's sales numbers but if only 30,000 Chevy Bolts are produced each year I can't see a lot of units leftover to be sold in the UK after America has had a chance to get it first.
I still see a chance for it to become available, I think that just right now they don't want to make a move on it. Just seems like a segment that would be in demand in a number of nations.

·
Registered
428 Posts
True. Are they just now putting an Opel badge on any Chevy car they may want to sell in Europe? There just wasn't enough room to sell both Opel and Chevy in the same market?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts