Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although we are very happy with the Bolt we purchased in July (has 8,000 miles clocked) we have been back to the dealership with two service errors. The first one was a faulty shift lever they replaced at 2,000 miles. The second happened yesterday when a heater service error appeared. We used the heater two days prior so have no idea what tripped the error.

The first time we took it in for the shift lever issue we dropped if off for two days which worked okay because my husband was out of town.

Yesterday when we had our second issue, "heater service error", I scheduled an appointment for 7:30am today. At 8:30 they informed me they would need to work on the car 2 hours to shut down the electrical system and "re-program" it. At 10:15 they said they had fixed the issue. I drove it only five miles when the "heater" error appeared. I brought it back to the dealership and they are keeping it until they can "figure out" how to fix it.

I am a bit concerned the technicians may not have all the training they need to service these EV's. When I asked whether they had seen any other BOLTs they said only for a radio programming issue.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Research thus far shows that I may have to drive 170 miles (to Columbus, OH) to find a “Bolt certified” Chevy dealer. I am hoping (praying) that a dealership closer will choose to attain “the papers”. But it seems that even when certified, a lack of experience will hinder timely and effective intervention. I am now (@ 5 months) 1000 miles from my first routine maintenance service visit. Would the ghost of EVs past please visit my local Chevy dealer’s service manager in the night and convince him to send one of his young men to get the training? If Ebenezer can change, so can Chevy!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I am now (@ 5 months) 1000 miles from my first routine maintenance service visit. Would the ghost of EVs past please visit my local Chevy dealer’s service manager in the night and convince him to send one of his young men to get the training? If Ebenezer can change, so can Chevy!
I think the first (7,500 mi) service is tire rotation only, and of course oil and filter - to make electrons flow more smoothly, and to filter out an occasional positron.

Stutzman is not the biggest Chevrolet dealership, but they were competent and fast, so there is a hope that the spirit of achiEVement will permeate our neighborly WV soon :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A quick update. The technician at my Chevy dealership consulted the engineers at Chevy corporate. The engineer said since the heater error could not be fixed by re-programming and resetting, the next step was to replace the "heater control module". The module is being shipped out tomorrow. I hope to have the car back by Friday.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Stutzman is not the biggest Chevrolet dealership, but they were competent and fast, so there is a hope that the spirit of achiEVement will permeate our neighborly WV soon :)
And Winchester is closer to Huntington than Columbus. Stutzman claims to be Bolt certified too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts