Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts of the Bolt's RADIO with ONLY 15 PRESETS & other INFOTAINMENT System Flaws

I got my new Bolt Premiere a week ago and I was surprised and extremely disappointed to find after I drove it off the dealership and took it home, that the radio only accepts 15 preset stations total. Not 15 for SXM. Not 15 for AM. Not 15 for FM...15 Total. This is a total Joke! Who in their right mind wants ONLY 15? What do you all think of this, and do you think GM will ever fix this flaw with a software update? My salesperson told me they were most likely going to resolve this.

I also discovered that the Apple Car Play's integration of Apple Maps has some kinks as well..You can't look up a location of a business in Yelp on your phone and ask it to use the Apple Maps for directions either, so the navigation capabilities that are provided are very very limited. I actually was hoping that some of the Charging Station Location Apps like Charge Point and others would show up on the CarPlay System, since it's going to be something very well needed. Where can we let GM know they need these items fixed and improved?

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
How many presets do car radios do these days? I don't know because I don't use too many myself. 15 will be plenty for me. As far as integration with Apple and Android, I'm sure that will be a nightmare that will go on for years. Google and Apple just can't leave anything the heck alone. Even if it working great, they feel compelled to change it. GM has to try to chase this lameness just like everybody else. It doesn't help that all three giant companies have great big egos to go with them.

I suspect the problems the OP is having with his iPhone is more the fault of Apple. My understanding is the Bolt just uses Apple Car Play to integrate and ACP is an Apple software product. The inability to interact with the Yelp app is likely an Apple issue, not a GM issue. As a long time Apple user myself, I find it really, really annoying that Apple does it's damnedest to force you to use only their half assed products.

IMO, Tim Cook is sinking that ship fast.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Re. the presets, I think you'd find that most people use maybe 3 in total.
I agree. My 2009 Chevy Equinox has 15 presets for AM, FM, and XM (which doesn't work in my area), yet my wife only listens to three FM and one AM station. I took one FM, and the other ten are free. I seriously doubt that the complainer ever listens to even ten stations in all of his miserable life!:(

·
Registered
174 Posts
People still listen to the radio?

Not meant to be snide, there's just so much better stuff out there now. Haven't listened to it in years...maybe some of the wife's NPR.

I don't ever plan to use the radio in the Bolt. Now the audio system....muaahahahaa...that's another story. Sounds pretty damned good now after some heavy duty tuning.

I was a big proponent of XM at its launch and for a few years after, until BPM got destroyed and several other good stations. I'm STILL fighting with the call center in India (maybe it was Pakistan) to turn off my service from SIX years ago! What a nightmare. Maybe someday they'll figure out they've been outmoded by smart phones.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I deleted all the XM and Sirius stations and had 5 fm radio stations. Yes I do listen to radio or crap on my iphone. Anyway, all the stuff I deleted came back. I deleted all stuff again and only have 2 stations that I want to listen too. I'll add more later.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I deleted all the XM and Sirius stations and had 5 fm radio stations. Yes I do listen to radio or crap on my iphone. Anyway, all the stuff I deleted came back. I deleted all stuff again and only have 2 stations that I want to listen too. I'll add more later.
I have the same problem? 3 station mysteriously appeared today in my fav after deleting them? Guess I'll contact Chevy chat. Stay tuned? Oh the 2006 Prius had only 6 presets

1 - 12 of 12 Posts