Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pacific Power installed a Time of Use electric utility meter yesterday (Friday the 13th).
This is the second meter at our house, and it's pretty much dedicated to the Clipper Creek EVSA in the garage (see photos).
Thank you 240vPlug for showing me how to configure the charging schedule for the Bolt EV:
All,

There were no videos out there that I could find so I created one. I hope this helps the community. You can view the video at the following link:

https://youtu.be/Tf_UV32TTrA
Even though my Bolt charges at lower off-peak rates, I don't think this pricing scheme is going to be cost effective for me because Pacific Power charges an additional ~$20 bucks per month for the additional meter.
I searched for a primer on how to interperate the meter's readouts, but could not find a clear explanation. If anybody out there in Bolt Forum land can point me to a meter reader basics - please do.
Meanwhile, I'll let you know how much it costs to power my Bolt EV once I figure it out and get the next bill from the power company.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Pacific Power installed a Time of Use electric utility meter yesterday (Friday the 13th).
This is the second meter at our house, and it's pretty much dedicated to the Clipper Creek EVSA in the garage (see photos).
Thank you 240vPlug for showing me how to configure the charging schedule for the Bolt EV:

Even though my Bolt charges at lower off-peak rates, I don't think this pricing scheme is going to be cost effective for me because Pacific Power charges an additional ~$20 bucks per month for the additional meter.
I searched for a primer on how to interperate the meter's readouts, but could not find a clear explanation. If anybody out there in Bolt Forum land can point me to a meter reader basics - please do.
Meanwhile, I'll let you know how much it costs to power my Bolt EV once I figure it out and get the next bill from the power company.
I am surprised at this. Around here on the east coast BGE pretty much forced everyone to upgrade to these new 'smart meters' which have the capability to measure time of use. Your very welcome for the video and I am sorry to hear they are charging you extra for the meter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:)When I purchased my 2012 Prius Plug In, January 2013, I checked into a similar Virginia Dominion Energy program, second electrical meter for "time of use". I live in central Virginia. Seemed complicated and unnecessary for my need. The cost savings would be minimal, and I decided I preferred to charge my Prius and BMW i3 when they needed a charge, regardless of the time of day. The i3 has been replaced by my Bolt and I still charge my Prius after every use. I work five days a week and have a short commute. I was surprised when I saw our September electric bill, $98.89 for a month, up from $136.69 last month. Great situation since I have two plug in vehicles.

Reactions: 240vPlug
1 - 3 of 3 Posts