Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All in one pic, I’ll do a review of the led lights at night later, notice the OK sticker that took me WAY to long deliberating on exactly where to place it . Hah...
The tint is that new ceramic type , 15% back three widows. And the black bow ties were factory installed , they even threw in a scratch for free on the glass under the emblem, that must have been extremely hard to do , Hats off to the GM tech .

Attachments

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
they even threw in a scratch for free on the glass under the emblem, that must have been extremely hard to do , Hats off to the GM tech .
it sticks better if you rough up the surface first.

probably put the wrong one on and had to get the old one off first.

Car looks good with the tint.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
@BCBolt, may I ask why you didn't do the front driver and passenger's windows? Is it that difficult to see out 15% tint? I always thought cars looked half-tinted in this style, but felt dumb to ask since it's very prevalent (like 50% cars do rear 3 windows, 50% do all windows aside from windshield).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to tint all the windows , but Canadian /B.C. laws call for the forward ones to remain clear, or they ticket you .

15% is pretty much like a dodge caravan oem tint, minimal outward visibility loss, but private enough I can remove the rear parcel cover .

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
...notice the OK sticker that took me WAY to long deliberating on exactly where to place it.
I put mine just above where yours is, on the bottommost part of the rear window glass. I figured that by putting it on the glass then if I ever wanted to remove it then I wouldn't have to worry about the paint.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s a good idea regarding the paint, but I hate any stickers on cars more than the fear of paint damage, and the hatch overhang hides it somewhat .

Regarding the HOV perk ... I wonder how long we have till the Gasholes yell about us getting unfair use as the numbers grow.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Regarding the HOV perk ... I wonder how long we have till the Gasholes yell about us getting unfair use as the numbers grow.
If we call them "Gasholes" then we shouldn't be surprised or indignant when they hurl epithets at us too...

I don't drive in rush hour, and I've only used the HOV lanes once or twice when there's been an accident on the freeway. For me the sticker is a "nice to have" but nowhere near a primary reason that I bought an EV.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude, relax... I own a 997 twin turbo and an RS3... I am a gashole, trying to be funny. I’ll tone it down for this audience I guess. ��

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,521 Posts
Dude, relax... I own a 997 twin turbo and an RS3... I am a gashole, trying to be funny. I’ll tone it down for this audience I guess. ��
Yeah, I guess I'm a "gasshole" too.

2008 Honda S2000. 19,000 miles. I only drive her when I hear the Sirens call...about once a month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.