Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
4,397 Posts
Picked up the EUV 3 days ago. Got tints on just in time for summer. 20% ceramic all around.
View attachment 43737
View attachment 43736
In CA, that's a sure reason to get pulled over by the local constabulary...especially if you're a teen. Max tint for the windshield and front side windows is 70%. The rest have no maximum.

That being said, I'm probably going to get all but the windshield tinted to 50%. I'm not in the demographic targeted for pullover. Besides, the fine is $25 and removal. Your basic "fix-it ticket". Many companies that do tinting will remove and replace with compliant tint for free, if you get pulled over.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In CA, that's a sure reason to get pulled over by the local constabulary...especially if you're a teen. Max tint for the windshield and front side windows is 70%. The rest have no maximum.

That being said, I'm probably going to get all but the windshield tinted to 50%. I'm not in the demographic targeted for pullover. Besides, the fine is $25 and removal. Your basic "fix-it ticket". Many companies that do tinting will remove and replace with compliant tint for free, if you get pulled over.
Very well aware of the regulations here and I am assuming the risk.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
633 Posts

I will probably do my new Bolt same as my 21 Bolt, full ceramic, 35% all around but 70% windshield.
Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Car Wheel
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will probably do my new Bolt same as my 21 Bolt, full ceramic, 35% all around but 70% windshield.
View attachment 43769 View attachment 43770
35% has been my go to for all my cars except for my last Bolt. Since we had our newborn with the 2020 Bolt, I got 20% to keep the sun out of her eyes and found I liked it better. I do want to tint my windshield though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts